Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why was barrera stripped after the morales rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why was barrera stripped after the morales rematch?

Just wandering if he dropped the belt or was stripped of it after he won the WBC FW tittle of Morales in the rematch and why?

Cheers

Even before the fight, he said that he didn't need a title to justify his status as champion, since he was considered the best for beating Hamed.

He just didn't even want the belt, so they had a vacancy fight between Morales and Paulie Ayala that got Morales his belt back.

Comment

ah right, good ****, i like Barrera even more now! Wish more champs told them to stuff their belts.

cheers

Comment

Because, he decided to unify the titles with Johnny Tapia who was the IBF champ. But, Tapia also got stripped by the IBF. Both fighters tried to unify the IBf and WBC, both fighters got stripped. So Barrera and Tapia only fought for the Ring and Lineal title...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Because, he decided to unify the titles with Johnny Tapia who was the IBF champ. But, Tapia also got stripped by the IBF. Both fighters tried to unify the IBf and WBC, both fighters got stripped. So Barrera and Tapia only fought for the Ring and Lineal title...
          It was absurd how many ABC belts lineally ran through Barrera when he lost to Pacquiao. That's why it makes me laugh that there is even debate about whether Pacquiao was a champion at 126. If the Ring belt isn't enough, you can look at all the bull**** times that people were stripped for trying to fight the best fighter in the division.

Comment

I thought it was because he felt he got robbed in the first fight and WBC sided with Morales. And as soon as he got the belt....he dumped it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              I thought it was because he felt he got robbed in the first fight and WBC sided with Morales. And as soon as he got the belt....he dumped it.
              http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Marco_Antonio_Barrera

On the title portion at the bottom, it says he refused the title.

Comment

cheers for the info folks

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                  http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Marco_Antonio_Barrera

On the title portion at the bottom, it says he refused the title.
                  That's what I meant. He didn't like that belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                    Barerra won that first fight and got robbed but he lost the second fight and got the favor so that even things up. He did win the third and got the nod though.

Comment

Working...
                    X