No announcement yet.

So In 24-7 They Confirmed That...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AC-Voltage View Post
    I would be angry, but blaming the tests is just stupid..

Way to make the question directed that way..
    It's getting to the point where I believe some people think the testing may lead to Armageddon.

Comment

Remember...

A fighter testing positive before a fight also exposes himself to federal prosecution / investigation.

Don't you think that the authorities may ask Manny WHERE he got the drugs (for example)?

I see people saying that Manny is just ducking Floyd. I don't think so. Pac doesn't want to risk a positive test, and then have his US work visa revoked by violating a federal law by abusing a Schedule III controlled substance. That would put Manny is serious legal jeopardy.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        It's getting to the point where I believe some people think the testing may lead to Armageddon.
        I have come to the conclusion that it is a pretty complicated issue, considering the various conflict of interests that exist.

To me USADA needs to be the one to make a power play on the issue as the leadership of boxing in this country is basically non existant atleast at the highest level and they are really the only group with enough clout to possibly cobble something together overall.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I have come to the conclusion that it is a pretty complicated issue, considering the various conflict of interests that exist.

To me USADA needs to be the one to make a power play on the issue as the leadership of boxing in this country is basically non existant atleast at the highest level and they are really the only group with enough clout to possibly cobble something together overall.
          From your keyboard to God's ears...

Comment

It would suck no doubt but a cheater is a cheater and those are the rules that are set up.

It would be hugely disapointing though.
            Took the words out of my mind.. This..

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
              I gotta admit it'd be funny if Mayweather tested positive for HGH or something after all this.

oh man....that would just be unreal

Comment

Very articulately put.

That is why the whole "let the Commission do their job" argument is disingenuous at best, and fraudulent at worst.

What Commission? The NSAC? So, if I drive two hours west, then the rules change? And I'm dealing with a different Commission? That is craziness.

They wanted Floyd to petition the NSAC for enhanced OST when the fight location hadn't even been finalized?

Remember, Arum is a lawyer, and he is the one that came up with this talking point. And the puppets keep repeating it.

Also, I believe that the mysterious e-mail really existed, because of the legal jeopardy of Pacquiao testing positive. Potentially. As an attorney, I would not allow my fighter to take a test if there was the slightest possibility he might test positive. And I would want to know the consequences beforehand. And that is what I believe the mysterious e-mail was asking.

I also find it curious that Arum is suddenly fixated on Pac fighting in Texas, which happens to have the weakest and most lax commission.

Comment

IF the fight was scrapped it would be the dumb cheaters fault. Sure, most fans would be upset the fight was cancelled but it does not justify allowing a cheater to cheat.
                  The fighter would be hated by the opponent, the opponents fans, the hardcore fans, the casual fans and a certain percentage of the fans from his country, because the flag of the fighter tends to blind some fans.
                  Thats why a certain un-named fighter did not want or agree to test because the reprecussions of getting caught are worse than the cloud of suspicion.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
                    Very articulately put.

That is why the whole "let the Commission do their job" argument is disingenuous at best, and fraudulent at worst.

What Commission? The NSAC? So, if I drive two hours west, then the rules change? And I'm dealing with a different Commission? That is craziness.

They wanted Floyd to petition the NSAC for enhanced OST when the fight location hadn't even been finalized?

Remember, Arum is a lawyer, and he is the one that came up with this talking point. And the puppets keep repeating it.

Also, I believe that the mysterious e-mail really existed, because of the legal jeopardy of Pacquiao testing positive. Potentially. As an attorney, I would not allow my fighter to take a test if there was the slightest possibility he might test positive. And I would want to know the consequences beforehand. And that is what I believe the mysterious e-mail was asking.

I also find it curious that Arum is suddenly fixated on Pac fighting in Texas, which happens to have the weakest and most lax commission.
                    Well said...I concur.

Comment

True they would have to have it in the contract that the fight would be cancled if the third party came back with positive results.

It is possible it would go that way though depending on what the third party was, I don't think USADA would go along with that but some privete lab yea I could see that playing out.

Would depend on the other fighter aswell some guys would probably say screw it and get paid.
                      I can't imagine anything more upsetting to a fighter than training hard, cutting weight, and then not getting paid.

Comment

Working...
                      X