Can Pac still make 135lb??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    If Pac can make 135 so can Floyd.
    Floyd is bigger than Manny. Floyd weighs 150 or something fight night doesn't he?

Comment

I don't see how Pacquiao can do that. If it would've been after De la Hoya fight, I'd say yes. If it would've been after Hatton, no problem. But he's had two fights fighting comfortably at welterweight (coming in at 145 and 144 if I'm not mistaken). I don't think he'd fight BETTER by going all the way down to 135.

They're talking about a Soto-Pacquiao fight. I'm sure it has action written all over it, but really...Soto? The guy's dangerous at his weight class and a solid fighter, but against Pacquiao...? Pacquiao...who's taken punches from Hatton, Cotto, and Clottey? No way Soto beats Pacquiao.

Pacquiao should only fight the mega fights at this point. He won't be around much longer, so the only fights that make sense are the ones that hardcore fans and mainstream fans want to see.

OFF-TOPIC: We're all tired of saying it over and over again: Mayweather/Mosley decides who gets Pacquiao, because I honestly couldn't stand hearing that Mayweather and Pacquiao would have to go through another opponent each. They should just fight each other already. If anyone doesn't still comprehend why this fight is huge...then I urge you to sit down and think back all the way to 2007 and see how this fight slowly started to materialize and the comparisons in opponents. Everything about these two clashes: personality, fighting style, nationality, lifestyle. They have animosity towards each other, one's undefeated and the other isn't, one is the villain and the other is the people's champion, one loves to box and the other loves to slug it out if you let him.

We NEED this fight to happen, dammit! Mosley must not derail this!

Comment

According to Roach he can't.

Comment

If he can, it would pretty much kill him fight night.

I personally feel he is too muscular now to get down that weight unless he really diets and loses muscle.

He can prob make 140 since he never really gets to the highest weight for his contract.

Comment

yes, but!! why move down when he's destroying and terrorizing the whole WW division!!

not only that but he could go up to MW and destroy that division as well. i think it's better and smarter for manny to stay at WW, if anything, move up!!

Comment

no way man, i think if you had asked this question after the DLH or hatton fights i might be inclined to say yes. at the time pacman had only recently gone up in weight to a weight that was still quite high bearing in mind his physical build.

however after his wins over clottey and cotto id say that the muscle is now going to be too hard for him to lose. he won't be able to go below 140 without doing damage to himself.

Comment

I doubt it. I can't see any excess weight he could shed healthily, can you?

Comment

pacquiao said himself, after the Diaz fight (135) that was the last time he's starving himself to make that weight.

So im guessing no!

140 is his ideal fight weight. 147 he needs extra work such as extra calories and less cardio.

Comment

i dont think so. if he can, he might be risking himself come fight night.
                    Last edited by led; 04-12-2010, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Pac out his own damn mouth said he cant make 135 and is at a weight now where he can eat comfortably.

Stop with the spin people. If he signs to fight at 135 tomorrow I will bump this thread. No excuses if hes drained.

He asked to fight JMM at 145 for a reason. If he can make 135 then that was a ***** move so which is it?
                      Cosign.

They'll say he can make it easily, but then he gets KTFO and people will say he's drained. Don't worry though, when that happens, we'll just say it was his fault just like the *******s say with DLH.

Comment

Working...
                      X