No announcement yet.

Berto...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
    Good fighter. **** boxing IQ. excessive clinching in almost every recent fight. his hands are fast as hell, yet he does nothing but brawl to wear his opponent out. put him against any A level fighter and he will fail. and i like andre berto.
    man when does anybody fighting a southpaw look good, Collazo, Quintana, Urango were all southpaws thats a tough assignment for any right handed fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by bazil82 View Post
      man when does anybody fighting a southpaw look good, Collazo, Quintana, Urango were all southpaws thats a tough assignment for any right handed fighter.
      agreed but you cant pawn off all his flaws on who he fights. i think my main concerns that he clinches way too much and relies almost exclusively on athletic ability are still valid.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
        agreed but you cant pawn off all his flaws on who he fights. i think my main concerns that he clinches way too much and relies almost exclusively on athletic ability are still valid.
        Clinching is an efffective tool in boxing, sure it makes for ****ty fights but if you can't fight on the inside it is best to grab on and smother the other guy when you get to far in, if you are trying to avoid damage anyway.

Not clinching hurt Cotto badly in the Margarito fight, while Mosley clinched effectively against Margarito.

You can say it makes him boring and hurts his appeal but with Berto's grappling backround that is probably a ***** for any fighter to deal with.

Comment

Working...
        X