Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Bernard Hopkins fare against these opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Bernard Hopkins fare against these opponents?

Lucian Bute
    Mikkel Kessler
    Arthur Abraham
    Chad Dawson
    Andre Dirrell
    Andre Ward
    Edison Miranda (that's if he beats Bute)
    Danny Green
    Carl Froch
    Jean Pascal
    Tavoris Cloud
    David Haye

These are the best boxers in the SMW and LHW division. I think any one of those guy's would either knock out Hopkins or beat him senseless. I think it's time Hopkins actually fights a legit contender for once or retire.
    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 04-11-2010, 12:13 AM.

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
    Lucian Bute
    Mikkel Kessler
    Arthur Abraham
    Chad Dawson
    Andre Dirrell
    Andre Ward
    Edison Miranda
    Danny Green
    Carl Froch
    Jean Pascal
    Tavoris Cloud

I think all those guy's would either knock out Hopkins or beat him senseless. I think it's time Hopkins actually fights a legit contender for once or he should retire.

He`d beat all of them except these 3: Chad Dawson,Andre Dirrel,Andre Ward.Against these 3,he would run all night like he did in the Jermaine Taylor fight and lose a decision as a result of inactivity just like the Taylor fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
      He`d beat all of them except these 3: Chad Dawson,Andre Dirrel,Andre Ward.Against these 3,he would run all night like he did in the Jermaine Taylor fight and lose a decision as a result of inactivity just like the Taylor fight.
      You're a delusional Hopkins nuthugger, Hopkins didn't even want to to fight Danny Green because he was scared. He would get knocked out by Abraham, Cloud, Bute, and Pascal for sure.
      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 04-11-2010, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Most of these young fighters would beat Hopkins now, because he doesn't have good stamina anymore. Anyone who can put pressure a bit and force him to fight beats him. He's very beatable now. He should just retire.

Very few of those fighters would beat a less deteriorated version of Hopkins.

Comment

You gotta admit, he'd have a good shot against Edison Miranda. He's finished at this point. But I'd pick everyone else over him, except for Danny Green and maybe Froch. I don't know that depends.
          Last edited by BoxerDood; 04-11-2010, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Lucian Bute- close loss
            Mikkel Kessler- pretty wide UD
            Arthur Abraham- near shut out UD
            Chad Dawson- clear decisive loss
            Andre Dirrell- clear decisive loss
            Andre Ward- clear decisive loss
            Edison Miranda (that's if he beats Bute)- easy shut out win
            Danny Green- competitive win
            Carl Froch- competitive win
            Jean Pascal- pick'em
            Tavoris Cloud- close loss
            David Haye- he gets KTFO!

Comment

Hopkins didn't even want to to fight Danny Green because he was scared. He would get knocked out by Abraham, Cloud, Bute, and Pascal for sure.
              you are FAR from a boxing wizard if you actually believe this ****. lmao what a joke!

Comment

You're a delusional Hopkins nuthugger, Hopkins didn't even want to to fight Danny Green because he was scared. He would get knocked out by Abraham, Cloud, Bute, and Pascal for sure.
                Someone who's favorite fighter is Amir Khan saying someone else should fight real competition for once and calling someone else delusional? Holy irony Batman!

Comment

Lucian Bute
                  Mikkel Kessler
                  Based on what I saw in Kessler-Ward, clinching with occasional sticking and moving works. Hopkins can do it too although not as pretty as Ward. Hopkins by decision.

Arthur Abraham
                  Hopkins by dominant decision, Abraham was overrated and I knew Dirrel was gonna put rounds in the bank all night.

Chad Dawson
                  Hopkins loses by 115-113, 116-112 type in a ugly fight with Dawson just being busier.

Andre Dirrell
                  Hopkins's dirty tactics that he hides from the ref either help him wear Dirrel down and TKO him late or win a decision OR he gets DQ'd. How about that?

Andre Ward
                  Ugly fight, both like to clinch. Wars is a great talent but those talents wouldn't be at their best displayal in this one. However he pulls off the decision in a stink-fest.

Edison Miranda (that's if he beats Bute)
                  Boxes his ears off and potentially catches him flush with a counter, hurts him and get him outt of there.

Danny Green
                  In this one, Hopkins finally gets to look good again Tito, Tarver, Pavlik style. Not alot of clinching, boxes his head off.

Carl Froch
                  Same as above.

Jean Pascal
                  Could be tricky, Pascal reminds me of young RJJ. How about he losses a decision in Canada but would win a decision in America. Meaning a close, swing round type fight.

Tavoris Cloud
                  Boxes his ears off but not as pretty as Pavlik, Tarver, Tito as mentioned above.

David Haye
                  Probably losses a decision focusing more on defense and less on offense, avoiding thos big 200+ pound punches.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    you are FAR from a boxing wizard if you actually believe this ****. lmao what a joke!
                    You are known to be a delusional Hopkins nuthugger so shut up. Hopkins would of gotten more cash had he fought Danny Green on a 50-50 split, but Hopkins wanted a 60/40 split, and that was it. Of course there are other factors such as Danny Green being a risk and Hopkins being the old cherry-picker that he is. Of course delusional Hopkins nuthuggers such as yourself can't see that.
                    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 04-11-2010, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X