Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you not root for Cotto at this point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're a true Boxing fan, you gotta have love for Cotto. He doesn't talk ****, just goes in the ring and fights, win or lose and he's given us some memorable fights.

Is he a HOF? I don't think he's a "shoe-in", but his career isn't over yet. He could end up having a 2nd run thus cementing his place in the HOF that much more. But he's definitely one of this decade's best by far.

Comment

Yea, at this point it's just about hoping that a guy who gave a lot to the sport can finish up strong. I feel like most are pulling for him, I mean why not?

Even most that aren't fans can respect him(with a few exceptions).

Comment

Originally posted by fireman_ek50 View Post
        thats a maybe...

him beating foreman and claiming a belt in a 3rd division will tie him with Puerto Rico's most though (Tito Trinidad)...

that'll help him get that hall of fame vote for sure...

oh and it's controversial, but the WBO president did say pacquiao was the number 1 contender for the belt so cotto did have to put the title on the line...(which is why he said something like "i can only fight for this title at a catchweight of 145 lbs. and if i have to fight for my title at a catchweight of 143lbs, then i'm giving it up"...

so he did want that weight and we cant hate on pac for that either....i mean, sugar ray leonard got his light heavyweight belt at a catch weight of 168 lbs, compared to the usual of 175lbs., so give pac his dues, he's ATG and cotto has no shame for losing to pacmeng
        actually fireman he said at 145 he would fight pacquiao because they agreed to it but they agreed to a non title fight then pacquiao and his trainer cockroach were saying they wanted the title on the line and cotto said no and thats when the wbo stepped in and said cotto would have to put the title on the line or be stripped and cotto didnt want to until they offered him more money so he finally did

Comment

I don't know how you couldn't be a fan for years. TBH, Cotto is everything a man should be. He gives credit when credit is deserved, he has morals, he fights like a man should, and just a good all around person. People give him **** about Margarito but he gave it his all and was man enough to realize when he was done. He has intelligence that a lot of fighters don't have and will be able to fight to see another day. It's hard not to respect Miguel.

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing69 View Post
            actually fireman he said at 145 he would fight pacquiao because they agreed to it but they agreed to a non title fight then pacquiao and his trainer cockroach were saying they wanted the title on the line and cotto said no and thats when the wbo stepped in and said cotto would have to put the title on the line or be stripped and cotto didnt want to until they offered him more money so he finally did
            lol im tryna read ur post but just all distracted with all that...ahhhhh lol

and oh, its kinda in the back of my memory as to what happened with the wbo and negotiation bs, but its all about cotto, bro.....COTTO!!!!

Comment

a lot of mainstream people dont wanna see it...

but i damn sure still wanna see cotto and mayweather duke it out....

i remember cotto getting all pissed at floyd (and cotto never talks smack - dude has tons of class) for retiring and doing the WWE thing lol...he had interviews on boxingscene saying "i know i can beat mayweather" and "thats all he does is avoid dangerous fights" something like that...

but cotto, is one of the top dudes on my list for today's pressure fighters....

Comment

cotto is the **** and always will be. He gives everything he has to the table with no exuses. Will he surpass tito for my title of all time fav. probably not but he will be my second favorite fighter ever. Dude is all class, and his fights are just great to watch not so much the pacquiao fight for me to hard to watch after the fifth round. **** JOE SANTIAGO

Comment

So Cotto deserves respect for fighting two guys who we didn't know were cheats before the fight was over with and really don't know for sure if they are cheats now just speculation? He deserves respect for being a little slave for the Top Rank/Arum plantation and never negotiating anything in his favor?

Comment

Right, great post, Cotto ione of the most deserving fighters out there. Never ducked and ever cheated. He probably lost to two cheaters and should probably be undefeated an the one caliing out Floyd now. What i know is that Cotto would have done the drug tests.

Comment

Originally posted by no ceilings View Post
                      cotto has slowly but surely become a favorite of mine.

He manned up an fought margarito.

Then he accepted a really unfair 145 pound weight cap and fought pac and put his belt on the line when he didnt want or have to.

Then on top of that his only two losses are now under suspicion of coming at the hand of a plaster and a ped cheat.

Dont know how much he has left. But its good to see him back.

War cotto!!!

didnt u say floyd would ko cotto? ANYWAYS WAR COTTO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X