No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux + Roger Mayweather= EPIC!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fireman_ek50 View Post
    and undefeated in 475 amatuer fights...including 5 pro lol...i don't think he'll change..."much"
    I think you've exaggerated that record just a tad, an amateur record of 475-0 would be quite ridiculous haha

His amateur record is somewhere around 374-12.

Either way, he's probably the greatest amateur boxer of all time. Can't wait til he gets some bigger fights, he's looked damn impressive so far.

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
      Why would you stay with a guy who is too busy with other guys?
      Roach has to train Manny, Khan, and Benavidez. He doesn't have a lot of time to spend with each fighter and Rigondeaux would be better off with a trainer who can spend more time with him. Rigondeaux is already a very good boxer and has his own style.
      Now, this is an excellent point. If the rumor is true, this is perhaps the most likely reason for Rigo leaving the Freddie Roach camp.

Comment

guilermo rigondeaux is idiot if he leave ROACH for crack head ROGER.

Roger already worked with other fighters and exposed as really terrible trainer.

He trained Rahman for Ruiz fight and Ruiz won every single round.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
          I think you've exaggerated that record just a tad, an amateur record of 475-0 would be quite ridiculous haha

His amateur record is somewhere around 374-12.

Either way, he's probably the greatest amateur boxer of all time. Can't wait til he gets some bigger fights, he's looked damn impressive so far.
          Freddie Roach is arguably the premier trainer in boxing, right now. And, while Roger Mayweather may not be in his league, he still trains one of the best (many will say the best) P4P fighters in the world. Trainers like these don't hold the mitts for just any palooka starting their pro career. A blind man can see that Rigondeaux is something very special. These trainers only confirm that notion. I don't see any other elite trainers falling over themselves to train one of the other Cuban defectors, including Yuriorkis Gamboa.

Comment

Rigondeaux's gonna be a beast regardless. He needs to be on the fast track tho cuz he's not exactly young.

Comment

LOL at Horus...holy ****...throwing lead right hands out of the southpaw stance...you mean the jab lol????

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                Rigondeaux's gonna be a beast regardless. He needs to be on the fast track tho cuz he's not exactly young.
                Yeah I heard Cab and Moreno rumored to fight him.

Comment

Here is my take on Rigondeaux...

While I wish he would have stayed with Roach (Roach is by far the best trainer in the game) I can understand the move as Roach trains tons of fighters. Guellerimo wanted more time from his trainer and with Khan and Pac being on the level the are, I just can't see that happening.

With that said, I really hope Rigondeaux finds a good trainer and I'm glad he is going to 118....a division he should have been in the whole time.

Comment

I think Rigondeuax is going to be who he is in the ring but I think Roger is a good fit for his style.

Freddy Roach may be the better trainer (which is not really a sentiment I agree with because I think it depends on the guy who is the best trainer for them and just because one guy was aces with another doesn't always make him the correct choice) but how many guys can he really train, I have often wondered how a man (and mind you he is not healthy) takes on so much work there are only so many hours in a day. To me if he made this move it boils down to getting most of Roger's time rather than getting 1/100th of Roach's time, plus I think Roger would want to do it because he needs to set things up for when Floyd retires.

The downside to the move would be what if Roger goes to jail.
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 04-08-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      I think Rigondeuax is going to be who he is in the ring but I think Roger is a good fit for his style.

Freddy Roach may be the better trainer (which is not really a sentiment I agree with because I think it depends on the guy who is the best trainer for them and just because one guy was aces with another doesn't always make him the correct choice) but how many guys can he really train, I have often wondered how a man (and mind you he is not healthy) takes on so much work there are only so many hours in a day. To me if he made this move it boils down to getting most of Roger's time rather than getting 1/100th of Roach's time, plus I think Roger would want to do it because he needs to set things up for when Floyd retires.

The downside to the move would be what if Roger goes to jail.
                      Very good points.........

Ill bump this for the guy who just found out about Rigondeaux.

Comment

Working...
                      X