Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux + Roger Mayweather= EPIC!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rigondeaux was good before roger, he'll be good after roger. its'not like roger built this cat from the bottom up.

the mayweathers probably gonna use rigon as a sparring partner in prep for pac. also rigon probably has insider info on the going ons of the WCG, the mayweathers are looking for something... either to help with the lawsuit or to help will the potential fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
      terrible way to backtrack.
      just admit you dont know sht about rigondeaux. thats all.

yeah he'll throw a lead right like a floyd right??? as a southpaw, right??

for him to turn him into a floyd clone, he'd have to completely dismantle guillermo's style and build it from the ground up. that would be an idiotic thing for him to do with a 29 y/o prospect. that'd be like trying to get ODH to do the shoulder roll defense. oops, that was already tried and failed.

not every fighter can do what floyd does, nor should they if theyre trained by a mayweather. good trainers adapt to the fighter's strengths and weaknesses, not impose their style on them.

i suggest you look up footage of dion savage. i dont see that dude being cute using the shoulder roll and sht like that. hes trained by roger.

all this being said, there's no proof that rigondeaux is with roger going forward.
      This isnt entirely true. I said from day one hes a southpaw version of Floyd.

Comment

stick with freddie roach

Comment

Roger has yet to produce a top fighter outside of Floyd and he can't even take full credit for Floyd's success.

Roger = most overrated trainer in the game

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            stick with freddie roach
            Why would you stay with a guy who is too busy with other guys?

Roach has to train Manny, Khan, and Benavidez. He doesn't have a lot of time to spend with each fighter and Rigondeaux would be better off with a trainer who can spend more time with him. Rigondeaux is already a very good boxer and has his own style.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              This isnt entirely true. I said from day one hes a southpaw version of Floyd.
              You mean Rigondeaux? Southpaw version of Floyd??? Nah, I don't think so. I think Rig is technically gifted and has ring smarts, but offensively he doesn't hold a candle to Floyd at all with speed, countering, movement, accuracy, etc. Rig also isn't a spring chicken either, so you gotta wonder how much better is he gonna get, even with Roger (who IMO won't make Rig into a superior fighter).

I think Rig though is ready to fight some top competition. Hope he flourishes.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                You mean Rigondeaux? Southpaw version of Floyd??? Nah, I don't think so. I think Rig is technically gifted and has ring smarts, but offensively he doesn't hold a candle to Floyd at all with speed, countering, movement, accuracy, etc. Rig also isn't a spring chicken either, so you gotta wonder how much better is he gonna get, even with Roger (who IMO won't make Rig into a superior fighter).

I think Rig though is ready to fight some top competition. Hope he flourishes.
                I think hes ready for top comp right now too.

With the Floyd stuff. He has the type of patience, countering ability, quickness, reflexes, timing, etc...

I think as he gets used to the pro game his offense will mature.

Comment

There ain't much to learn for Rigondeaux, but Roger is stilewise still a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
                    Why would you stay with a guy who is too busy with other guys?

Roach has to train Manny, Khan, and Benavidez. He doesn't have a lot of time to spend with each fighter and Rigondeaux would be better off with a trainer who can spend more time with him. Rigondeaux is already a very good boxer and has his own style.
                    cause roach is hot right now and rigon can leach off some of manny's success. I mean even pac's sparring partners are known.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      cause roach is hot right now and rigon can leach off some of manny's success. I mean even pac's sparring partners are known.
                      Rigondeaux was already well known in the boxing community before he started working out with Roach.

What has Roach or Manny done for him since he's been with Roach?

Comment

Working...
                      X