Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankie Gomez: Whats everyone thoughts on this kid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankie Gomez: Whats everyone thoughts on this kid?

Hes 18 signed with GBP and made his pro debut on Hops-Jones Card.

I thought he looked blazing fast. Has some pop. Very skilled and poised for his age. This kid has the goods. Very elusive and showed good defense too. Can't wait to see what he looks like at 21 yet alone his prime.

He looked sharp as hell. He made me a fan

Comment

We didn't watch the same fight then. He didn't show good defense at all. He was wild at times. I see potential, but a guy most people want to put him up against is Benavidez, and from what I have seen, Benavidez is light years ahead of him at this point in there careers.

Comment

Originally posted by boxfan512 View Post
        Yeah. I'm looking forward to his next televised fight.

Kid could be a force in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by boxfan512 View Post
          Yeah my friends got some stuff on him from the AMs but he looks good as a pro so far.

Comment

Originally posted by AC-Voltage View Post
            We didn't watch the same fight then. He didn't show good defense at all. He was wild at times. I see potential, but a guy most people want to put him up against is Benavidez, and from what I have seen, Benavidez is light years ahead of him at this point in there careers.
            Well he wasnt Sweet Pea but he did show the ability to slip punches and counter. He had good head movement and very good reflexes.

He was wild but then again nerves do play a part in your first pro fight. I also heard he beat Benavidez before.

Comment

Originally posted by AC-Voltage View Post
              I agree and he has a bad habit of doing what Valero does which is punching with his chin up in the air.

Overall I think he will be good but he should have went to Top Rank (IMO). Also him Benavidez, and Sosa will be the faces of the WW division along with Khan and Ortiz. I'm looking forward to some of those legendary show downs in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                Hes 18 signed with GBP and made his pro debut on Hops-Jones Card.

I thought he looked blazing fast. Has some pop. Very skilled and poised for his age. This kid has the goods. Very elusive and showed good defense too. Can't wait to see what he looks like at 21 yet alone his prime.
                he didnt look blazing fast to me and didnt like he's got good pop. hes looked raw, but had a good work rate and looks to hurt his opponent.

not that impressed with his tools or skills, but he's got a lot of time to improve.
                first impression wasnt that great, especially considering the hype.

Comment

I guess we should take into consideration his oppent had a winning record, and had never been stopped. Not a bad first fight.

Comment

he did great in milan

Comment

Working...
                    X