Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankie Gomez: Whats everyone thoughts on this kid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid is the future with Jose Benavidez.

Mexicans are reloading again with Benavidez, Gomez, Canelo, etc.

Frankie is fighting on May 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Well he wasnt Sweet Pea but he did show the ability to slip punches and counter. He had good head movement and very good reflexes.

He was wild but then again nerves do play a part in your first pro fight. I also heard he beat Benavidez before.
      he has beaten Benevidez 4 times in the ams

He is my latest client and is a good kid. His team admit there are some things to work on (a jab shortening the left hook etc) but all in all it was a good first effort

he was very nervous his team told me but once he got past the first couple of minutes he went about his business

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Hes 18 signed with GBP and made his pro debut on Hops-Jones Card.

I thought he looked blazing fast. Has some pop. Very skilled and poised for his age. This kid has the goods. Very elusive and showed good defense too. Can't wait to see what he looks like at 21 yet alone his prime.
        First time ive heard of this Frankie Gomez lad..i will see him fight in the near future..

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
          Kid is the future with Jose Benavidez.

Mexicans are reloading again with Benavidez, Gomez, Canelo, etc.

Frankie is fighting on May 1st.
          mexican americans are outnumbering mexicans as far as boxing prospects go.
          benavidez, r.marroquin, f.gomez, mikey garcia, archie ray marquez, ronny rios etc.

and no theyre not the same. the mexican americans are being brought up and trained like american prospects.
          mexico has el canelo, abner, maybe carlos cuadras and....i cant think of any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
            must be a stylistic thing in the AMs. benavidez has the much better pro style.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post

He is my latest client and is a good kid. His team admit there are some things to work on (a jab shortening the left hook etc) but all in all it was a good first effort

he was very nervous his team told me but once he got past the first couple of minutes he went about his business
              Yeah he looked nervous but then again thats expected in ur pro debut with legends like Roy and Hopkins on the same card. He beat Jose 4 times? Damn. I know he beat him I didnt know it was that many times...

Comment

he definitely has an exciting style but i thought he got kinda wild and a little careless in there but it was probably just nerves and the pressure to look good on his debut. i'd want to see him fight again but i wonder if he can keep that pace for a full 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
                  must be a stylistic thing in the AMs. benavidez has the much better pro style.
                  I agree...

Comment

benavidez, r.marroquin, f.gomez, mikey garcia, archie ray marquez, ronny rios etc.

and no theyre not the same. the mexican americans are being brought up and trained like american prospects.
                    mexico has el canelo, abner, maybe carlos cuadras and....i cant think of any more.
                    Raza is Raza fuk that.....we are from the same blood just different sides of the border. Kids in Mexico don't have the opportunities kids do here and they are taking advantage of it.

Comment

benavidez, 1) r.marroquin, f.gomez, mikey garcia, archie ray marquez, ronny rios etc.

mexico has el canelo, abner, maybe carlos cuadras and....2) i cant think of any more.
                      1. glad you mentioned those two as not too many people talk about them but I am high on both along with Luis Ramos Jr., Chris Avalos, and this kid out of Coachella Randy Caballero

2. dont forget about Finito's kid who fights on May 8th I hear nothing but stellar things about him

Comment

Working...
                      X