Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beating Ruiz @ Heavyweight was Roy's GREATEST feat, IMO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great feat but I consider Jones's victory over Toney more impressive.

Comment

i still think it was the win over toney. **** you guys and your weight draining excuses, that was toneys problem, not roys.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
        What do you all think?
        Roy Only Had one Heavyweight Division Fight...so yeah

Comment

1) His rapping & acting career
          2) Toney
          3) Ruiz

Comment

RJJR = The greatest fighter EVER!

Comment

John Ruiz is a bum.

Still a great achievement though

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                Yea man, it was crazy seeing him at that weight. I'm going to try to find the whole fight somewhere online, its been a minute since I seen it. I vividly remember watching it at a teammates house in college.
                It was defintely a great accomplishment going from MW to HW and grabbing a title. Truthfully Ruiz is and was slow not just for Roy in comaprision but in general. I think some of the things Roy did at the lower weights were more defining then just a win over a title holder at HW. if he had fought a few fights there and then took a belt from the HW Champ (Lennow Lewis) to me that would have been his best accomplishment. Ruiz to me although he was a belt holder and titlist was like winning a fight over a very good contender not a champion. Just IMO.....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                  i still think it was the win over toney. **** you guys and your weight draining excuses, that was toneys problem, not roys.
                  I hear you EL...I don't get why people blame a fighter when his opponent is having weight issues before they fight.

Comment

Starting at 160 lbs to HW and get a title, I say yes

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
                      It was defintely a great accomplishment going from MW to HW and grabbing a title. Truthfully Ruiz is and was slow not just for Roy in comaprision but in general. I think some of the things Roy did at the lower weights were more defining then just a win over a title holder at HW. if he had fought a few fights there and then took a belt from the HW Champ (Lennow Lewis) to me that would have been his best accomplishment. Ruiz to me although he was a belt holder and titlist was like winning a fight over a very good contender not a champion. Just IMO.....Lefty
                      It's not about Ruiz... it's about coming from middleweight to LHW... putting on 20lbs and still being outweighed by 30lbs in the ring.

It's also about moving back down to LHW and regaining that belt over the best fighter in the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X