Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy Productions threatens boxing forums?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Boy sound like Nazis, they can go **** off. That fight was ****, the reason the fight sold like **** is because it took 17 years to make when Roy was shot. Dirty ass fight with clinching and headbutts, I predicted that and so did other people before the fight even happened. Has a BHOP fight ever sold well on PPV? I don't think so!

Comment

Originally posted by Akyra View Post
      wouldn't doubt it after how desperate they came across when they published an official statment regarding the ppv event.

Please note that the pay-per-view telecast will be aggressively monitored on the internet and any piracy and/or infringements will be legally dealt with in a swift and immediate manner.
      It is normal for streaming to be forbidden. As far as I know it is unprecedented for sites to be threatened for allowing round by round updates.

GBP crossed the line and needs to hear about it.

Comment

Good luck GBP.

Comment

i cant believe they would think of doing that considering how ****ty the fight was

Comment

Lets just hope Mayweather-Mosley PPV doesnt suffer the same fate. GBP is afraid.

Comment

they are talking about streaming not round-by-round updates.

they did that for all the big fights, especially the very big fights like mayweather or pacquiao, etc., streams get shut down constantly and sometimes its a real pain

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post

they did that for all the big fights, especially the very big fights like mayweather or pacquiao, etc., streams get shut down constantly and sometimes its a real pain
                Stop charging for crap, and boxing should be free atleast free as in we watch on paid channels like hbo and showtime. PPV only exists because of greedy promoters like GBP who screw fighters over on their paychecks.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post

No, that is not what they were talking about in this case. They were threatening individuals running sites if they did round by round updates.

I am not speaking of streaming. That is normal.

I think it is a symptom of something deeper. I believe they are attempting to intimidate independent sites from being critical on any level. This is a threat to free thought on the web through limiting access to crucial content.

Comment

Boxing should be free for all, rich or poor. Lets not support PPVs thats killing our beloved sport. Lets start by not buying Mayweather-Mosley PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
                      Golden Boy sound like Nazis, they can go **** off. That fight was ****, the reason the fight sold like **** is because it took 17 years to make when Roy was shot. Dirty ass fight with clinching and headbutts, I predicted that and so did other people before the fight even happened. Has a BHOP fight ever sold well on PPV? I don't think so!
                      Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
                      Stop charging for crap, and boxing should be free atleast free as in we watch on paid channels like hbo and showtime. PPV only exists because of greedy promoters like GBP who screw fighters over on their paychecks.
                      Man I don't know who you are but you're a smart guy. I agree with everything you have said. I said it in the past that Golden Boy is the devil. Fuck Golden Boy, they need to get the fuck out of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X