No announcement yet.

Why Adam Carolla’s Rant on Pacquiao and the Philippines backfired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
    yeah sure, and when you refer to a black man as n****r and you are confronted youll just claim your freedom of speech and everyone will nod their heads and walk on. i call that hypocrisy and lie. freedom of speech doesnt cover calling other race names and mentioning words thats derogatory, freedom of speech doesnt give you any rights to insult people, learn your s**t, you just dont yap around butthurting people else youll get buttkicked out.
    whoa whoa whoa, when u compare that word to comments made by a comedian, you are off base. that word has a lot of history and negative connotaion to it, it was a justification behind the killing and capture of millions of ppl. u cnat at all compare it to what imus said much less to what corrolla said. pls dont tlk about things u dnt understand even if its to try to justify an ill thoughout point.

Comment

i don't mind hearing Pacquiao jokes, they're funny i must say

but that was way overboard IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
        how are overreacting exactly?....do we go beating up every white folk in the streets ?........
        the sheer amount of criticism over a 10 minute segment on his own personal podcast is just absurd. If you've seen the comments made all over the net, people have been posting carollas home address and other info while threatening violence against his family and encouraging others to do so. people take themselves way too seriously....

Comment

Originally posted by JaguarJames View Post
          the sheer amount of criticism over a 10 minute segment on his own personal podcast is just absurd. If you've seen the comments made all over the net, people have been posting carollas home address and other info while threatening violence against his family and encouraging others to do so. people take themselves way too seriously....
          i really hope someone shoots that mother****er.......

Comment

Originally posted by JaguarJames View Post
            I'm scared

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
              i really hope someone shoots that mother****er.......
              Fight ignorance with ignorance.

Go get 'em sport.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                a person that did not finish school running for politics???
                nah, i remember the HBO commentator or one of the build up fights with either Morales or Marquez had said that Pac went to college to get an education because he didn't have money to pay for classes...

also, a lot of these 3rd world countries don't have an education system like we do in the U.S....they have to pay tuition for books and classes just to go to an elementary, middle, or highschool (grade school)...things are tough in other parts of the world and people need to respect what this man has done not only for his country, but for boxing...(love what jim lampley and larry merchant said about it after his fight with Cotto)

if you think hard about it, it's a lot like what Joe Louis meant to americans and especially the black community during his heavyweight reign (most definitely when he fought that german Nazi fellow during WWII)....which IS the most significant fight OF ALL TIME...Joe Louis vs Max Schmeling (bigger than Pacquiao vs Mayweather...but Mayweather and Pacquiao are up there in terms of the biggest fights like Frazier vs Ali I - the 1900's "fight of the century")

Comment

Originally posted by AC-Voltage View Post
                  Holy ****. Who cares already.....

If this was about any other people, this wouldnt even be discussed. Get over it.. Take a joke.
                  actually it probably would...

with Roberto Duran, panamanians were up there as hell supporting him just like filipinos support pac...Duran was the Pacquiao of Panama back in the day and Duran was on top of the boxing world when he beat Ray Leonard in their first fight (my fav fight btw)...

if arthur abraham dominates this tournament and the boxing world, you can expect some people to come out with negative comments regarding his ethnic background, being that he is Armenian - middle east

Comment

It didnt backfire. Regardless of what some of you think, nobody here including Carolla gives two ****s about it. It's less then an afterthought now. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by P.WILL View Post
                      Mayweather Sr. and Roger Mayweather get called crackheads and get made fun of becuase of how they talk, people laugh. Pacquiao gets called illiterate, public backlash.
                      the illiteracy from Pacquiao isnt what all the fuss is about...i've seen filipinos make fun of his accent..

FKING NIKE HAS A FAMOUS SHIRT SAYING...."PACMAN KNOWS"

you know what that is in reference to???

cuz whenever the commentators interview him after a fight and ask a question he starts of saying "YOU KNOWWW.....AHHHHH" lmao

so that aint the case with his illiteracy........GET EM'? - GOT EM'

Comment

Working...
                      X