Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Ali a myth or reality? plus other old guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even on black and white old videos Ali looks faster, stronger and far more skilled than every HW currently fighting today. PBF and Manny will not measure up if they don't fight each other. The fans demand a trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by AC-Voltage View Post
      Ali made a living dancing around guys like the klits.
      Yet it's arguable that he lost all three fights with Norton and never fought anyone like the Klits.

Comment

TS has a point. It's almost that the old guns are untouchable around here. Mayweather and Pacman could hang with the the greatest of fighters in there divisions. I still think some HW'S are heavily overated around here...

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
          Yet it's arguable that he lost all three fights with Norton and never fought anyone like the Klits.
          You say he's never fought anyone like the klits.. But I dont see anything more then flat footed, hard punching guys, who stick there jab in your face, and throw the occasional straight, and even more occasional left hook.

Comment

You say he's never fought anyone like the klits.. But I dont see anything more then flat footed, hard punching guys, who stick there jab in your face, and throw the occasional straight, and even more occasional left hook.
            No to mention the Klits jab would be too slow for Ali. Prime Ali uses movement to and superior boxing to destory the Klits easily.

Comment

Your first mistake is lumping them together, when they fight absolutely nothing alike.

Personally I think Vitali would be the easier fight for Ali. And I'm not saying Wlad beats him, but anyone who thinks he's an easy fight for Ali is delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beatles View Post
                Ali is greater than every current fighter
                very true

SRL and SRL in their primes would tear up all the WW's in this era.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
                  it is also arguable that if your gonna say that ali never fought anyone like the brothers, then you have to concede that the brothers have never fought anyone within lightyears of ali's skill and will. i could name you a few big tall heavys he fought with very good jabs but how many fighters can you name me that either klit has fought who remotley resembles ali. vitali couldnt even handle an out of shape lewis how the fack is him or his brother going to touch ali.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
                    it is also arguable that if your gonna say that ali never fought anyone like the brothers, then you have to concede that the brothers have never fought anyone within lightyears of ali's skill and will. i could name you a few big tall heavys he fought with very good jabs but how many fighters can you name me that either klit has fought who remotley resembles ali. vitali couldnt even handle an out of shape lewis how the fack is him or his brother going to touch ali.
                    Good Post! Personally I think a Prime Lennox Lewis would've murdered both Klits.

Comment

what made Ali great is Ali himself. What made Ali greater is the fighters he faced in his time. Something that the present heavyweights sorely lack, quality depth.

Comment

Working...
                      X