No announcement yet.

Why da hopkins hate now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why da hopkins hate now??

Okay first off, the Hopkins-Jones fight last night was dull and i give it a C- grade but there were some good exchanges. Hopkins did irritate me even tho they were illegal shots that Jones threw and i been hit in the back of the head and it does hurt when you get hit there but i think he exaggerated a lil bit to much but he's old so you never know lol.

But Hopkins was NEVER in trouble in this fight. Jones didn't engage or didn't want to engage and that is because he is DONE as an elite fighter. Jones fought like a fighter who used to be great and wanted to look great trying to survive to the last bell.
    I didn't like this fight because it doesn't do nothing for Hopkins resume and it would have done a lot for Roys if he would of won. So basically he was fighting putting all his marbles on table while just receiving a few back.

But come on, some of you are HATING this man to much.

The thing that bothered me is Hopkins would foul jones. but when jones fouled back, hopkins was on the floor. It just seemed like mind games to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
      Okay first off, the Hopkins-Jones fight last night was dull and i give it a C- grade but there were some good exchanges. Hopkins did irritate me even tho they were illegal shots that Jones threw and i been hit in the back of the head and it does hurt when you get hit there but i think he exaggerated a lil bit to much but he's old so you never know lol.

But Hopkins was NEVER in trouble in this fight. Jones didn't engage or didn't want to engage and that is because he is DONE as an elite fighter. Jones fought like a fighter who used to be great and wanted to look great trying to survive to the last bell.
      I didn't like this fight because it doesn't do nothing for Hopkins resume and it would have done a lot for Roys if he would of won. So basically he was fighting putting all his marbles on table while just receiving a few back.

But come on, some of you are HATING this man to much.
      hopkins promised a beating and we got a dull fight. the least hopkins could've done was KO RJJ.

it's a disgrace that a top 5 p4p boxer can't KO a shot fighter.

Comment

I was annoyed with all that complaining, but the fight is over and he won. Roy was never really in it to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
          hopkins promised a beating and we got a dull fight. the least hopkins could've done was KO RJJ.

it's a disgrace that a top 5 p4p boxer can't KO a shot fighter.
          yea thats true.. But how could he KO RJJ if Jones is fighting to survive to the last round and not engaging a lot.

Comment

I just lost my respect for him, I'm a fan of BOXING I just respect the Boxer, respect them based on what they give me to respect, in Hopkins case I can't respect a guy who made it to a W only due to his ability to foul in many bouts throughout his career, it's disappointing, it's not entertaining and it's a direct violation that should have action taken by the commission, THAT'S why people here are bashing him because he did the required amount of dirty moves to warrant it

Comment

its just really funny when the dirtiest fighter in the game is complaining of fouls. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
                The thing that bothered me is Hopkins would foul jones. but when jones fouled back, hopkins was on the floor. It just seemed like mind games to me.
                Yea i know what you mean. Hopkins wasn't being Hopkins in this fight. The thing was that during all the fouls he wasn't in no trouble at all, so i dont know why he did that or whatever. But if he was really seeing spots then damn.

Comment

I thought the fight was boring, I fell asleep. Both fighters have accomplished a lot in the sport. As soon as they engaged, they clinched. I think if Roy would have let his hands go, he would have won.

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
                    I just lost my respect for him, I'm a fan of BOXING I just respect the Boxer, respect them based on what they give me to respect, in Hopkins case I can't respect a guy who made it to a W only due to his ability to foul in many bouts throughout his career, it's disappointing, it's not entertaining and it's a direct violation that should have action taken by the commission, THAT'S why people here are bashing him because he did the required amount of dirty moves to warrant it
                    LOL HATER. Hopkins got away with holding behind the head and hitting or other little stuff like that because he knew how too. He is still a boxing genius and he is 45 years old. This one fight should not make you lose respect for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X