Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you, Bernard Hopkins. You put another black eye on the sport we love.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
    I always loved hopkins..him and floyd are the best american fighters out there right now..roy jones jr is a good dude but you should blame him for your anger ..he knew hes not ready and he knew he was done with boxing a long time ago and he still let his fans pay for his fights hahahaha.

B-HOP ALWAYS 100% HE ALWAYS LIVIN HEALTHY A TRUE INSPIRATION.
    Well said, Rjjr is to blame as well.

Comment

You guys are idiots. The man is 45yrs old. Hopkins has always beaten father time. Always been able to turn back the clock. Last night he finally fought like a guy who is in his mid 40's. He is not in his prime any longer, he finally has lost a step and is looking every bit of his age. But, in no way shape and form did he give a black eye to boxing. That is just insane.

And, BTW I am a hardcore Tito fan. Trinidad is my favorite fighter of all time. I don't like Hopkins, I am not fan. But, I respect this man accomplishments and respect what he is able to do at the age of 45. 99% of the elite fighters right now. Would not be relevant by the time they're 45. So by no means is Hopkings giving a black eye to the sport. That is just insane...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        You guys are idiots. The man is 45yrs old. Hopkins has always beaten father time. Always been able to turn back the clock. Last night he finally fought like a guy who is in his mid 40's. He is not in his prime any longer, he finally has lost a step and is looking every bit of his age. But, in no way shape and form did he give a black eye to boxing. That is just insane.

And, BTW I am a hardcore Tito fan. Trinidad is my favorite fighter of all time. I don't like Hopkins, I am not fan. But, I respect this man accomplishments and respect what he is able to do at the age of 45. 99% of the elite fighters right now. Would not be relevant by the time they're 45. So by no means is Hopkings giving a black eye to the sport. That is just insane...
        great post, I'm thinking the same thing.

Many people bash B-Hop for his last fights, especially last night. But guys, repeat after me, 45. 45 !!! 45 is freaking old for boxing. Only the fact is enough in shape to make 12 rounds with young guys like Pavlik impresses me. No, hes not number 1 p4p, probably not even top 10 p4p, but I have huge respect for the guy and I will always have. When I'll be 45, I hope I will have 20 % of the shape he has right now

Comment

Hopkins is a hustler and a *****. **** Him forever.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
            When you look at some of the other all time greats, then you'll notice that a lot of them sometimes bent the rules. Marciano often fought dirty ( using elbows and fouls) Jack Dempsey ( in a lot of people's opinion and especially mine) loaded his gloves against Willard. When you look at some of Hopkins old fights, a lot of the things that he did was actually genius. When he fought Echols, there were times that he hit him low and at the time when Echols would complain to the referee, he would take that opportunity to get in a clean head shot. Being successful in boxing is not all about game plan, its about doing anything necessary to win. If his opponent does not have ways of counteracting those tactics ( which there are ways) then its their fault.

Also, how did he cheat against Tarver, Winky or Pavlik? I'd say he did more things skillful than dirty in either of them.
            there is no honor in cheating even if your name is Sugar Ray Robinson, just Because Marciano and Dempsey aren't around doesn't erase the disgrace of their actions, if something is unintentional then it's okay because that wasn't your intention but when you do it on purpose you disgrace the sport whether your name is Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Muhammed Ali or whoever else you can name u feel me so just because they did cheating bull**** back then doesn't make it okay for Bernard to do it now.

he cheated against those guys by hitting them low, headbutting them and excessive clinching, something I always hated about Ricky Hatton, you can't execute a game plan that is built off fouls and illegal shots, that's like were in a bike peddling race and you come in with a bike that has an engine, you're basically using an illegal advantage to win and there is simply no honor in that, he cheated Tito, Echols, Tarver, Wright, Pavlik and MANY more man the guy should just walk away, I will not be watching anymore Bernard Hopkins fights, he's not only already gone in my mind but he is a never was to me, this year I enforced my no cheating rule, if you bring dirty tactics to Boxing I wont support you nor care about your career progress past or present, this will help me isolate the true fighters from the fake..

and I hope nobody says to me that Hopkins only did what he did yesterday because he is old when it's a well known fact Bernard been cheating in fights since his 20's, seriously the more and more I chronicle and think back on this man's career the more and more it appears as a disgrace

Comment

both hopkins and rjj should retire from the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                both hopkins and rjj should retire from the sport.
                I agree indeed

Comment

Anybody who watched the fight. Would agree.

Comment

everyone saying "oh hes 45..."..wtf does that have to do with anything..my complaint was not that he had a **** performance against a shot Roy who won 3/4 rounds against Hop..my complaint was that he fell out 3 times for BS fouls that he gave out first to begin with...I mean seriously, dont punch me in the nuts and not expect to be hit back in the nuts..dont rabbit punch me and not expect to get it back..and when I do give it back..dont turn around and cry while fainting all over the ring pretending to be in pain from love taps..especially if you just did the same thing to me..

Comment

I agree this was a joke and shouldn't have been allowed to happen, and people buying it contributed to the joke.

Hopkins, fight Chad Dawson, you know you're not getting a shot at Haye, he has to fight ****ty Valuev.

Comment

Working...
                      X