Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official "Retire Roy Jones Jr" thread..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nobody deserved to win this fight, it was a piss poor perfromance by both.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
      its funny how many times this thread has been made after roy has had an awful fight.
      I've been saying this since 2005.

Comment

This is why boxing is falling, fights like this one. In the ufc, as soon as you get up in age or go on a loosing streak, your cut. They don't let washed up fighters fight especially PPV/Main events.

Comment

[QUOTE=SkillspayBills;7984565]Hang them up Roy. You had a great career, in your prime you are without a doubt you are the most talented fighter of all time. It's over though my friend, it's over.[/QDont come back to the ring, shame on both of you, get a rematch in the adult care center

Comment

Evander Holyfield, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones... all these guys were beasts in their primes but it's 2010..

Retire in peace champs.

Comment

hopkins is a very dirty fighter but he won the fight clearly he landed more clean shots, jones missed the target more, at the end of the day i think roy must retire, he is a legend and if he will continue he will be the spring-board for the prospects, and i dont want to see him like that.

Comment

Yeah, I felt sorry Roy had to deal with Hopkins trying to crack his head open towards the end of the round. He should just retire, Hopkins too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1pretty boy1 View Post
                  hopkins is a very dirty fighter but he won the fight clearly he landed more clean shots, jones missed the target more, at the end of the day i think roy must retire, he is a legend and if he will continue he will be the spring-board for the prospects, and i dont want to see him like that.
                  Hopkins has slowed down big time himself and he should retire as well but Jones.. he didn't even fight. He looks so hesitant when he's about to throw a punch or receive. He looks scared, it's bizarre. Their not doing the sport any favors by continuing to fight especially on PPV.

Comment

Even Reed is probably shaking his head at Jones.. and that's saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
                      Hopkins has slowed down big time himself and he should retire as well but Jones.. he didn't even fight. He looks so hesitant when he's about to throw a punch or receive. He looks scared, it's bizarre. Their not doing the sport any favors by continuing to fight especially on PPV.
                      yeah i agree with you 100% on that both of them need to retire, both of them past 40. jones looks hesitant when he throws or he is about to recieve cuz he has a weak jaw and he don't want to get the knockout, and you right 100% that fight not worth ppv it could be showed on hbo regular.

Comment

Working...
                      X