I gained respect for Ruiz today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too. . .

Comment

Respect to Ruiz. He showed heart and will. Haye should have been warned. tripple hook to the neck, wtf?

Comment

Yea I thought I was the only one feeling like this.

Props to Ruiz.. He won me over tonight.. Showed tremendous heart and determination.

Comment

He gained my respect, what a tough dude!

Comment

props to TS for making a very honest and fair thread that everyone agrees on. and props to ruiz for having heart and and boxing like a true champ. both fighters showed respect thoughout the fight and even during the weigh-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
              You're not. I give Ruiz some props. Not the one I'm so used to seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
                I may be alone on this one but..

am i the only one that is sort of impressed with Ruiz today?
                i didnt feel he was the usual boring Ruiz we have watched so many times before. he impressed me with his heart, he kept getting up, and never took a step backwards, i didnt expect that from him, especially when he got dropped in the first round.

not saying he made me a fan or anything, i was just more impressed and got a little more respect for him now then i had before.

Haye also gained my respect, i used to just see him as a loudmouth that i didnt really care much for, now i dont know.

thoughts?
                Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                You're not. I give Ruiz some props. Not the one I'm so used to seeing.
                Originally posted by o0P4PBOXING0o View Post
                I gained respect for Ruiz too.

Now he needs to retire
                Originally posted by shobox View Post
                ruiz took shots that would have ko'd most heavyweights , i give him a lot of props especially since he's 38 now. He got caught cold in the first round much like the tua fight.
                Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                You're not alone, Ruiz gained my respect as well, the guy came to fight, no dirty tricks and he put on a hella show, props to the Quiet Man
                Originally posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
                me 2 man he took some helacious shots and didnt clinch. holy **** he took some shots. respect to the man
                Originally posted by WANGLER JR View Post
                i did to

he took some hard shots and just kept coming

solid warrior

but needs to retire
                Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                Gained a lot of respect for Ruiz. He wanted to fight, didn't back down and didn't ever quit or give up.

Unlike Khan who quit in the first round against Prescott.
                Originally posted by HitmanHattonAY View Post
                Ruiz did more work tonight than Johnson, Chambers did combined against klit brotehrs
                Originally posted by Roger Yomama View Post
                Me too. He showed a lot of heart to keep taking shots like he did and didn't just try to survive to the final bell like Chambers did.

Ruiz is a warrior unlike some other Heavyweights out there !!

Comment

Ive always disliked Ruiz, but he gave it his all tonight. I was proud of him.

Comment

Ruiz must be one of the hardest men alive.

If he was British he'd be a hero, honestly, there is only one thing more impressive to the majority of Brits than the guy dishing out the beating and that's the guy taking it. His heart is bigger than his post-Haye swollen head. Ruiz was eating KO punches like they were biscuits.

If we were back in the eighteenth century. In that fight, I reckon Ruiz would have eventually won in round 32. lol. Haye walking away saying: 'Fuck this.'

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                      Ruiz must be one of the hardest men alive.

If he was British he'd be a hero, honestly, there is only one thing more impressive to the majority of Brits than the guy dishing out the beating and that's the guy taking it. His heart is bigger than his post-Haye swollen head. Ruiz was eating KO punches like they were biscuits.

If we were back in the eighteenth century. In that fight, I reckon Ruiz would have eventually won in round 32. lol. Haye walking away saying: 'Fuck this.'
                      I think ruiz head is made out of lead

Comment

Working...
                      X