No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye vs. John Ruiz Early Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanillacoke View Post
    As usual David Haye won't get any credit what so ever from the americans.
    I'm American.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      I'm American.
      Let me guess... David Haye is an overhyped, overrated, c level bum who only fights other c level bums... Valuev was robbed and he cheated against Ruiz, Right?

Comment

I am American and I will give him the credit he deserves. Haye beat a 38 year fighter that was ranked number 27th in the world, even Barrett was ranked higher when Haye fought him. Haye beat a fighter who in the last five years has lost to every fighter that even remotely resembles a world class fighter. And that does not even count the blown up middleweights he lost to before that. And as far as Ruiz's chin is concerned tell me, other than Tua, how many big bangers has Ruiz actually fought? And if Wlad had done this to Ruiz everyone would be calling Ruiz what he actually is. And that is the reason he was ranked 27th in the world. Because Ruiz was a bum yesterday he was a bum today and he will still be a bum tomorrow.

Comment

Ahem, some of the posters giving him credit are American. Always remember, speaking in absolutes will get you in trouble and usually sound bigoted, nationalistic or just plain knuckleheaded.
          I was impressed with Haye. He was quick, boxed well, hit hard (albeit occasionally illegally) and did what he had to do to get Ruiz out of there. Ruiz looked slow, walked straight in and doesn't have a punch to speak of. But it was a good warm-up for Haye and IMO a good performance. Hopefully he'll get in with one of K brothers next so we can see who is best

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
            I am American and I will give him the credit he deserves. Haye beat a 38 year fighter that was ranked number 27th in the world, even Barrett was ranked higher when Haye fought him. Haye beat a fighter who in the last five years has lost to every fighter that even remotely resembles a world class fighter. And that does not even count the blown up middleweights he lost to before that. And as far as Ruiz's chin is concerned tell me, other than Tua, how many big bangers has Ruiz actually fought? And if Wlad had done this to Ruiz everyone would be calling Ruiz what he actually is. And that is the reason he was ranked 27th in the world. Because Ruiz was a bum yesterday he was a bum today and he will still be a bum tomorrow.
            Most americans predicted that Ruiz would win. I'm not hyping Haye's win up, it was a decent win, not a great win but a decent win... Esspecially considering that Haye was the underdog according to the americans.

Comment

Originally posted by dreadIknight View Post
              Haye stopped Ruiz in the 9th via TKO, corner of Ruiz threw in the towel. In my opinion, Haye didn't look great, his best punch was the rabbit punch. Had Ruiz down 4 times with it. He'll present a problem for either Klitscho, but I'm not sure he can beat either one.
              ************************************************** ***************
              I was disappointed in the vaunted British sportsmanship. Ruiz was KD legit the first time, but each of the next 3 KD's was due to a VERY illegal and studied rabbit punch. Haye even rabbit-punched Ruiz again after he was down, on at least 2 occasions.

When there were replays at the ends of each round, they showed only Haye hitting Ruiz, not Ruiz hitting Haye.

Even though Ruiz kept holding the back of his head to show the RP's, the ref took a point from Haye only the first time. I was expecting haye to be DQ, especially after Dirrell won on a DQ last weekend.

The report that Lynes was KO'd is incorrect, he took a knee and allowed himself to be counted out.

Comment

Most americans predicted that Ruiz would win. I'm not hyping Haye's win up, it was a decent win, not a great win but a decent win... Esspecially considering that Haye was the underdog according to the americans.
                Can you cite any evidence? I don't personally know a single person who predicted Ruiz would beat Haye. I am sure there were some people who thought Ruiz would win, but by no means was it a majority. Once again you are speaking in unsupportable generalities about Americans
                Last edited by giacomino; 04-03-2010, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Haye the underdog? That may have been wishful thinking for some Americans but I was surely not one of them. Because the reality is Ruiz was not even that good of a fighter while he was in his prime. Think about it a minute, his best win in his entire career was against a 40 year Holyfield close to ten years ago. And he has done absolutely nothing but lose consistently to line himself up for yet another title shot. I will tell you what this fight should have been. Haye should have fought Ruiz after Barrett and before he fought for the title. Simply because Ruiz sure as hell did not deserve to fight for any World heavyweight title in any way shape or form. And I will go on to say that at this stage in his career Adamek is even fighting a better quality fighter in Arreola. And that isn't even saying much because Chris is another bum.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    In a few short hours at the MEN Arena in Manchester, England, David Haye will make the first defense of his WBA heavyweight title against former two-time champion and mandatory challenger John Ruiz. [Click Here To Read More]
                    Originally posted by Word2ThaFive View Post
                    Got 10k on David Haye, someone sig it.
                    Originally posted by Sutekh uvdabrix View Post
                    why LOL british boxing is garbage
                    Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
                    yeah haye, sucks dirty fighter should of been DQ'd dumb stoppage

wlad will KO Haye
                    Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                    it almost makes me ****ing sick how bad the British commentators were sucking his dick and making all kinds of ridiculous claims during the fight.

David Haye would get killed by Heavyweight journeymen the way he looked against Ruiz.

i wouldnt have a problem with the guy if it wasnt for the ridiculous commentary that went along with the fight.

his style ****ing sucks plain and simple.

if you think Klitschko is boring...at least they arent potshotting rabbit punchers
                    Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
                    because david was spanking john ruiz all nite long
                    Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    White towel.
                    Originally posted by braddman View Post
                    I haven't seen a stoppage that bad EVER. Man who paid that ****in referee off?????
                    Originally posted by braddman View Post
                    Corner threw in the towel WHY!??!?!?!
                    Originally posted by dreadIknight View Post
                    Haye stopped Ruiz in the 9th via TKO, corner of Ruiz threw in the towel. In my opinion, Haye didn't look great, his best punch was the rabbit punch. Had Ruiz down 4 times with it. He'll present a problem for either Klitscho, but I'm not sure he can beat either one.
                    great night for british boxing !!

Haye >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Klit brothers

Comment

I enjoyed the fight. I think David Haye is a relief for the heavy weight division. He fought a good fight. I definitely think last 3 knockdowns were bull though. I didnt like how the ref called the fight. Ruiz was in the fight at times, and maybe the phony knockdowns discouraged him. Overall entertaining fight, and I hope haye keeps making noise in the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X