Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit does Pacman get for his win over Morales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much credit does Pacman get for his win over Morales?

People always use Morales name to justify Pacman’s greatness. But did Pacman even fight a prime Morales, or even a healthy Morales.

The facts are

Morales was coming off a loss to Raheem. He moved down in weigh, which clearly affected him. He didn’t look health at all. The 3rd fight Morales looked dead in the weight and showed he was nothing more than a dead corpse in the ring. Went on to lose to Diaz at LW

How much credit does Pacman get for this win? I rate MAB/Cotto fights a better win even

Pac has done the same thing for years.

He's extremely entertaining to watch, because he moves in and throws a lot of punches and that's what we love to watch.

But the truth is he will only fight guys on the downward spiral and at ridiculous catchweights that those guys can't be competitive at. He's been doing that for like 5 years now.

Comment

he deserves all the credit in the world.

he was still an elite fighter when they fought the second time. the raheem fight was a bad match up for morales really, not to mention him going up in weight.

he was the first one to stop morales.

people got to accept that manny is an atg no matter how much you downplay his wins.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post

He's extremely entertaining to watch, because he moves in and throws a lot of punches and that's what we love to watch.

But the truth is he will only fight guys on the downward spiral and at ridiculous catchweights that those guys can't be competitive at. He's been doing that for like 5 years now.
        did you know hes only had 1 catchweight and it was 2lbs

Comment

When I first fought him it was at 130 pounds. The second time he would not give me the chance to fight at 132 pounds and now he is fighting at 147 and I am coming back to fight at 147 also. I’m hoping that at a time not too long from now when the people see I can still do great, great things in the ring, I’m hoping that Manny Pacquiao will give me the chance to show he’s not the best in the world, because what I remember after twelve rounds is Manny Pacquiao crying—and crying and crying and crying because he knew about the beating he had just taken and he knew at that time there was somebody technically better than him. He had to find some way to be at an advantage to try and control me. That’s the way history was written, but here I am—brand new.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=369446

sounds to me like Morales isn't too impressed by Pac's wins over him

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post

So in other words, Pac really isn't that good....

That is really what it sounds like you are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
              When I first fought him it was at 130 pounds. The second time he would not give me the chance to fight at 132 pounds and now he is fighting at 147 and I am coming back to fight at 147 also. I’m hoping that at a time not too long from now when the people see I can still do great, great things in the ring, I’m hoping that Manny Pacquiao will give me the chance to show he’s not the best in the world, because what I remember after twelve rounds is Manny Pacquiao crying—and crying and crying and crying because he knew about the beating he had just taken and he knew at that time there was somebody technically better than him. He had to find some way to be at an advantage to try and control me. That’s the way history was written, but here I am—brand new.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=369446

sounds to me like Morales isn't too impressed by Pac's wins over him
              He's just trying to sell himself.

Seriously, aren't/weren't they friends? They were planning cockfights.

Comment

Originally posted by jonarie View Post
                He's just trying to sell himself.

Seriously, aren't/weren't they friends? They were planning cockfights.

that's why I thought the quote was funny when I first heard it, because they're bff's

Comment

Originally posted by Loccy Jr View Post

People always use Morales name to justify Pacman’s greatness. But did Pacman even fight a prime Morales, or even a healthy Morales.

The facts are

Morales was coming off a loss to Raheem. He moved down in weigh, which clearly affected him. He didn’t look health at all. The 3rd fight Morales looked dead in the weight and showed he was nothing more than a dead corpse in the ring. Went on to lose to Diaz at LW

How much credit does Pacman get for this win? I rate MAB/Cotto fights a better win even
                  Pac beat the hell out of 29 yr old Barrera, 28 year old Cotto, 29 year old Morales, You can include the old but bigger DLH too.

The only one who give Pac a fight was JMM who was as old as DLH. It's not because JMM was Prime. It was Because JMM's Counter punching style fits Pac's Attcking style.

Pac is the Greatest of this Generation because he's willing to take on anybody at any Style or any size of opponents.

Comment

I remember no one saying morales was past prime before his 2nd match with many It was only after their 3rd match did they start to say something. Then when he was beaten by diaz, we started to hear he was definitely past it when he fought manny.

I remember trying to dig for old threads before manny and morales fought, NONE of them were saying morales is past it. It was only after the fact.

Take it for what it is. I doubt anyone thought he was past prime before they fought. Just like how no one gave manny a chance before de la hoya, now they make it try to seem like manny drained him out, and some how forgetting de la hoya wanted the match.

Comment

Working...
                    X