Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Green: After My KO, Roy Jones Will Be Gun-Shy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who the hell does green thinks he is defeating roy jones jr in his 40's when is someone gonna beat green's ass Hurry up dammit

Comment

Originally posted by JWPearce3 View Post
      Past tired of listening to Green run his mouth. Yeah you beat Roy but it's like Roy said, let him wrap his hands with a cast too and see what happens.

You're so sure he'll be gun shy, give him a rematch and let him wrap his hands the same as you and see what happens.
      Yep, that would be interesting to see. Fast bricks would hurt
      Still, I'd kinda rather them just fight cleanly in the rematch.

Comment

Jones has been changing his nickname a lot lately. ''Captain hook'', then ''Terminator''.

Tonight, it could be Roy ''Damaged goods'' Jones. It sounds good and right. I just hope he doesn't get laid on his back again. Enough of that already.

This is pretty simple : win or lose, Jones has to retire.
        Last edited by Tiozzo; 04-03-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

exactly, green is a champion of paper and is hand wrap weren't legal
          so i guess he doesn't deserve that win
          after roy beats Hopkins he will shut him up

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            It was an early stoppage he didnt really get ktfo but that being said roy jones jr even getting hurt in the 1st round by a fighter the caliber of green shows that he is finished
            It was early stoppage but Roy aint do a thing after the KO besides cover up. So I see Refs point of view to stop it. Roy could have threw some punches back to show he was still in the fight. This is coming from one of Roy's biggest fans. To be honest he shouldn't have got caught with that punch anyway he wouldn't have had his hand low trying to do his usual trick to bait people in.

Roy said himself that everybody studies him so why does he continue to do the same tricks? He needs to switch it up especially a bit, I know he's been trained since he was a kid to fight in all types of styles. If he's going to continue fighting he needs to go back what he has learn when he was on the come up. Definitely needs to keep his hands up and cover the side of the head since that's his sweet spot when he gets hit there.

Comment

green thinks hes arrived and is the big draw out there roy aint the big fish these days lost sutton like 5 of his last 8 fights hasnt he thats a major poor record calzaghe made a show of him for 12 rounds its not the jones jr of the mid to late 90s anymore hope he can pull the hopkins fight out the bag so we can finaly say goodbye to his career and look back at what was not what we see now

Comment

Who was Danny Green before the Jones Fight? Nobody!! And who is he now? Just a mouth! I don't even remember what he looks like!!! He's needs a good lil A** whoopin 4-sho! Fighters should only go down under for the sights anyway, not to fight!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
                  Is everyone forgetting Jones was flashed knocked down, got up and green just throwing not landing one punch for 20 secs and the ref called. Danny Green did ****. I feel bad for Roy Jones. He will be fine with this fight
                  Flash knock down, are you serious? I tell you, you Jones fans are still in some deep deep denial. First off Danny Green is a two time world champions and I am not even talking about that trash belt he has now. Green did not even start fighting pro until he was 28 years old and he is only I believe three years younger than Jones. Green has also never been stopped in 31 fights and he has over an 80% ko ratio. He may not be the best fighter ever but to label him a complete tomato can is way off. Green also happens to be ranked third in the world at Cruiserweight by Boxrec and seventh by Ring magazine. And as far as the flash knock down of Jones. He was hurt and hurt bad and Jones did not throw one punch for just under 40 seconds while Green through about 40 unanswered punches. Green was also catching him with body punches and very clean uppercuts as Jones stumbled around the ring. The ref stopped the fight when Green connected on a very clean uppercut that again staggered Jones. I believe the ref gave Jones more than enough time and I have to ask what was he supposed to do?

And this is part of an open letter from Green to Jones that I found on another forum concerning the hand wraps;

Given your lies it is time the facts came out:

* THE hand wraps were the same wraps I used in five previous world title fights, in Germany, Montreal, Australia and even in the fight in Mississippi that set our blockbuster bout up, under your own governing body's jurisdiction;

* MY hand wraps were personally inspected by three independent inspectors of the NSW Combat Sports Authority and they each certified that my wraps were legal and gave me no advantage whatsoever. They did this by visual inspection and by physical inspection to confirm that the bandaging was soft;

* IN an attempt to unsettle me before the fight, your representatives in my dressing room specifically complained to the independent inspectors about the hand wraps and the inspectors inspected them again and ruled that the wraps were fine;

* YOUR complaint that you have been denied due process is embarrassing. Your complaint was ruled upon before the fight by the independent inspectors and found to be baseless. You have no more right to challenge that decision after the fight than a decision of the referee;

* WE had expert opinion from international boxing icons coming to my defense, agreeing your complaint was nothing but sour grapes; and

* THE only people who are suggesting that there was any problem with my wraps are people in your camp, who would also profit from you continuing to fight.
                  Last edited by Ravens Fan; 04-03-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Ok he wasn't ktfo like he was against Tarver & Johnson but he got droped & then stoped. By DANNY GREEN. Who the **** is Danny Green??? Boxers take a lot of heat 4 losing or gettin knocked out now in days but when u lose or get ko'd by a BUM, guess what that makes u now????

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      IBO cruiserweight champion Danny Green thinks Roy Jones Jr. will try to survive against Bernard Hopkins later tonight. He doesn't see Jones being able to pull the trigger in Las Vegas. The last time Jones was in the ring, last December, he was knocked out in the first round by Green. Because of that, Green says Jones will be too worried about getting knocked out with a counter. [Click Here To Read More]
                      This is a very real possibility that I never thought of. Remember this is the first time hes been ko'ed since johnson. And what happened after that KO? Tarver III, in which Roy did more moving a circle than he did punching.

uh oh.

Reed, help me out man..lol

Comment

Working...
                      X