Lucian Bute is overrated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
    Well played.

You think Pavlik hasn't learned his lesson about going above 160?

I think he should fight Stieglitz, but it could be that there is no interest from the Universum side of things.
    I don't think Unversum has Stieglitz under cotract. I could be wrong though. If he's with Universum I cannot see him taking such a big risk. Universum is crumbling and will have a hard time filling out the agreed upon television dates in Germany as it is.

I think HBO is building up to Pavlik-Bute TBH. Pavlik will be resurrected in many peoples eyes if he impressively beats Martinez. We all know Bute is going to look great against Miranda. So Pavlik-Bute would be pretty big.

Comment

The reason they are ranking Bute as number one SMW. Is because they hate see a young green American being ranked number one in a loaded division

Comment

Originally posted by Loccy Jr View Post
        The reason they are ranking Bute as number one SMW. Is because they hate see a young green American being ranked number one in a loaded division
        Why do you think 'they' would hate that?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          I don't think Unversum has Stieglitz under cotract. I could be wrong though. If he's with Universum I cannot see him taking such a big risk. Universum is crumbling and will have a hard time filling out the agreed upon television dates in Germany as it is.

I think HBO is building up to Pavlik-Bute TBH. Pavlik will be resurrected in many peoples eyes if he impressively beats Martinez. We all know Bute is going to look great against Miranda. So Pavlik-Bute would be pretty big.
          They have him on here: http://www.boxing.de/boxer/champions.html

But they don't have him listed on the Boxers page, under Universum or Spotlight.

Weird...

Anyway, Universum probably doesn't want to lose another champion, so he may hold the belt hostage.

Off topic, but, have you heard anything about Balzsay or Denis Inkin? I thought it was weird that them losing their belt was the end of their career up to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Why do you think 'they' would hate that?
            Don't you know? Boxing media is 100% biased against people who fight on American TV. All the rankings reflect that, ESPECIALLY The Ring's rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
              I don't think that's the point. Quite a few posters on here think that the winner of the Super Six has to fight Bute for 'all the marbles'. That's crap IMO. The tourney winner is #1 at 168. No question.
              winner of 168 is #1, but he must fight bute to find out who is the champ.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post

Anyway, Universum probably doesn't want to lose another champion, so he may hold the belt hostage.

Off topic, but, have you heard anything about Balzsay or Denis Inkin? I thought it was weird that them losing their belt was the end of their career up to this point.
                Balzsay lost another fight after losing his title. I think the KO loss took a lot out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  Balzsay lost another fight after losing his title. I think the KO loss took a lot out of him.
                  I know. He lost to the guy Stieglitz is fighting next.

Read this and sum it up to me in English:

http://www.storyonline.hu/hirek/balz...et_erte/23248/

Comment

Bute is a talented fighter, but he has proved little at the top end of the division. I find it utterly bemusing that The Ring rank him as the number one in the division. Love him or hate him, but Carl Froch's resume kicks the **** out of Bute's.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
                      Bute is a talented fighter, but he has proved little at the top end of the division. I find it utterly bemusing that The Ring rank him as the number one in the division. Love him or hate him, but Carl Froch's resume kicks the **** out of Bute's.
                      It actually does.

It's probably better than Ward's, now that I think about it.

Wins over Pascal (175 champ), Taylor (160 champ) and Dirrell (who just beat Abraham).

Comment

Working...
                      X