No announcement yet.

Edwin Valero enters rehab following arrest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
    CARACAS, Venezuela -- A lawyer representing WBC lightweight champion Edwin Valero says the boxer has entered a rehabilitation center for treatment of drug and alcohol addiction.

Milda Mora says the 28-year-old Valero entered the rehab center in the Venezuelan city of Merida on Sunday under court orders following his arrest on charges of harassing his wife, threatening medical personnel who treated her and resisting arrest.

Mora told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Valero tested positive for drug and alcohol use after he was arrested on Thursday.

Mora did not provide details regarding Valero's addiction problems, but said he's hyperactive and suffers from depression.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5042082
    too bad humberto soto wont get a chance to kick his ass yet

Comment

Lmao. And his wife and family said she fell down the stairs. Riiiiiggghhhhttt!

Comment

Valero is the new Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
          Lmao. And his wife and family said she fell down the stairs. Riiiiiggghhhhttt!
          You would say the same thing if you lived under the same roof as him.

Comment

Well at least hes trying to do something about it, I condone what he did at all... you should never hit your wife and from what I hear on here his mother and sister, but at least hes admitting he has a problem and wants to do something. He has a lot of potential, I just hope he doesn't waste it.

Comment

He might clear up his addiction, but his wife will be "falling down the stairs" a few more times.

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              The Caveman is only human.

I wish him the best of luck fighting his demons.

Seems like his hardest battles, like ours, are outside of the ring.
              If you can't win outside the ring, you won't win inside.

Comment

Originally posted by ADDICT View Post
                He might clear up his addiction, but his wife will be "falling down the stairs" a few more times.

If you can't win outside the ring, you won't win inside.

I wish him and his wife the best of luck.

What good does it do to kick him when he's down?

Or his wife for that matter?

I hope for the best.

Cuz I am like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  I wish him and his wife the best of luck.

What good does it do to kick him when he's down?

Or his wife for that matter?

I hope for the best.

Cuz I am like that.
                  I'm not kicking them down at all, I just have continuous doubt the domestic abuse will stop. Hopefully I am wrong about that.

And don't get me wrong, I never pray for the downfall of anyone, even people I don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by ADDICT View Post
                    I'm not kicking them down at all, I just have continuous doubt the domestic abuse will stop. Hopefully I am wrong about that.

And don't get me wrong, I never pray for the downfall of anyone, even people I don't like.

Good deal.

Yeah, I hope the **** stops or he walks away from it.

We're on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakas View Post
                      Daaam thats horrible. Drugs are worse off for you than alcohol. I dont want his career going down the tubes man. Hope he gets well soon.
                      He told the judge he has a drinking problem and asked for help.

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
                      he probably had problems before that were exacerbated by his head injury.
                      i wouldnt be surprised if he's bi-polar.
                      I suspected this as well. It's well documented that head trauma and concussions can cause severe depression and strange behavior. ****, look at Arturo Gatti.

My best wishes to Valero and his family. I hope he gets through this because he's one hell of a fighter to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X