Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) In His Prime Was Roy Jones Jr Unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nunn, Michaelzewski, and Eu arguments are just more fuel for my logic...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
      I was responding to this question
      Thanks man, I wasn't asking you - I already know the answer. I was specifically asking Battling because he tried to imply that Jones avoided/ducked Nunn. Of course, he took that back.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Thanks man, I wasn't asking you - I already know the answer. I was specifically asking Battling because he tried to imply that Jones avoided/ducked Nunn. Of course, he took that back.
        Yup i like how he pretends he never implied that.

Comment

It would of been a great fight even though Nunn was way past prime at that point. I can't find any of his LHW fights, but I did see his fight with Scully and his legs were "gone", kind of like Jones's legs now.

Comment

It would of been a great fight even though Nunn was way past prime at that point. I can't find any of his LHW fights, but I did see his fight with Scully and his legs were "gone", kind of like Jones's legs now.
            Nunn was still pretty solid at 175 but nowhere near where he was at 160. He still would've given Jones hell. I was actually quite surprised that he lost to Rochigianni but I guess he was a done deal at that point. Rochigianni was past his prime as well and I doubt he would've given Jones much trouble. He was originally slated to face Jones in January 2000 but pulled out and disappeared for some time after that. Nevertheless, the WBA's decisiont o strip him prior to that was an absolute travesty.

Comment

• Roy Jones was unstoppable when he was in his prime

Ya`ll musta FORGOT

Comment

Nunn was still pretty solid at 175 but nowhere near where he was at 160. He still would've given Jones hell. I was actually quite surprised that he lost to Rochigianni but I guess he was a done deal at that point. Rochigianni was past his prime as well and I doubt he would've given Jones much trouble. He was originally slated to face Jones in January 2000 but pulled out and disappeared for some time after that. Nevertheless, the WBA's decisiont o strip him prior to that was an absolute travesty.
                I've tried to look for that fight but had no luck so far. Same with Liles fights, those things are like Golddust.

Comment

I've tried to look for that fight but had no luck so far. Same with Liles fights, those things are like Golddust.
                  Yeah, good luck with that. I saw it once - when it occured. And I think it was a couple weeks after the fight transpired.

Comment

Nunn lost to Rochi because he could not handle the pressure he was being put under, if he could of kept the fight in the centre ring he may have done a lot better but he could not and got outworked.

Nunn never looked comfortable when pressured imo( Barkley), although in his prime he was able to pick off on the way in (Roldan) because he had better reflexes etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOX2008 View Post
                      Well?
                      everyone is beatable....

Comment

Working...
                      X