Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) In His Prime Was Roy Jones Jr Unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
    I aint saying every guy he fought was a bum but a lot of them were. considering the stupid hbo contract he had which almost sent them into bankruptcy as well
    Oh please. You're a newbie. If you knew anything about boxing you would've never put Malinga's name up there. You probably never even heard of him until you looked up Jones' resume on boxrec

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
      Whats the point of this?
      Meaning sell your BS somewhere else. There were never any negotiations with Square Ring. Just Calzaghe and Warren talking amongst themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        He sure did, eking out a split decision in the UK. Want to see a sonning? How about Malinga vs. Robin Reid?
        You should watch the fight first before saying ****e that like. He didn't 'ek' out anything.

I don't care for Robin Ried so fuck knows why you brought him up?

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
          A lot of fighters fight some bums..most of the people who think these guys are bums never followed the sport back then.

When did you start watching boxing?
          the point is he fought bums after some big fights as well. he had sensational talent but you know the amount of cherry picked fights will always be a stain on him

Comment

no but search it up, might be easy to find. after the 4-5m per guaranteed fight contract. roy started fighting bums mainly, they did only like 400k buys average and hbo were losing money every time roy fought bar the big fights
            So every one of Roy's fights was a pay per view? Dude, just stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post

Maligna? Really? The guy who beat up Nigel Benn?
              I stopped reading there.

Too ****ing funny.

Calzaghe fans are awesome.
              This guy just went to Roy's fght list and typed Roys easy wins and just dismissed them for bums because he really doesn't know what he is talking about. These haters just reach, if they had watched Roy in his prime they wouldn't even be talking. Haters just don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                You should watch the fight first before saying ****e that like. He didn't 'ek' out anything.

I don't care for Robin Ried so fuck knows why you brought him up?
                Give me a ****ing break. I've seen the fight and there was no SONNING whatsoever.

Comment

Meaning sell your BS somewhere else. There were never any negotiations with Square Ring. Just Calzaghe and Warren talking amongst themselves.
                  This is very true that's why I asked for links.

I suspect I'm going to get what I've seen before: Biased BBC crap implying that there is a showdown looming because JOE or Frank Warren said so.

They never actually talked (this requires MORE THAN ONE PARTY). They just kept talking about how they intended to fight or how Roy was scared of them.

LOL.

Using this same logic: Mike Tyson has been ducking me since 1990 when I started issuing challenges to him on Mosaic and the early newsgroups and BBS bulletin boards....We had talks (me spamming the internet) but he was too afraid to fight me.

Comment

the point is he fought bums after some big fights as well. he had sensational talent but you know the amount of cherry picked fights will always be a stain on him for Joe Calzaghe and British/Euro fans who just started watching boxing 5 years ago

There, I fixed it for you.

Comment

So every one of Roy's fights was a pay per view? Dude, just stop.
                      when did I say that? are you just reading one thing and then making up the rest?

out of here, if you want a civilised debate without going off topic and making things up then I will come back. you roy jones fans are bad as calzaghe

Comment

Working...
                      X