Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) In His Prime Was Roy Jones Jr Unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    You're a ******. You perfectly well know that I've made a list of fighters Jones did not fight at SMW.
    Yeah and couldn't provide a reason for any one of them. Just..."he ducked them." Why? He didn't fight them.

Right.

Comment

• If he was on roids during his prime, then yes he was unbeatable..

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Yeah and couldn't provide a reason for any one of them. Just..."he ducked them." Why? He didn't fight them.

Right.
        See my post about basic logic failures. The person making a statement has to back it up, not the person who he makes the statement to.

So basically: ROY DUCKED NUNN. NO YOU PROVE IT POOPOO HEAD.

Wtf is that bs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
          See my post about basic logic failures. The person making a statement has to back it up, not the person who he makes the statement to.

So basically: ROY DUCKED NUNN. NO YOU PROVE IT POOPOO HEAD.

Wtf is that bs?
          Let's just watch him keep going. See if he comes up with anything solid.

Comment

When was Nunn the mandatory?

How did he lose his ranking?

Or did he never lose it?

Was Nunn ever given the chance to fight for the LHW title?

Simple questions, Battling.
            Jones also did his best to avoid WBC mandatory obligations, on two occasions, against Nunn. While Nunn was faded from his peak Middleweight championship form, he would still have been a sterner test than Grant or Frazier. Jones once was quoted to the affect that he didn’t want to have to be the guy Nunn got up for after a series of lackadaisical showings.
            http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=21561

Furthermore, the WBC light heavyweight title he held from 1998-2004 was unjustly stripped away from Graciano Rocchigiani by the WBC in 1998 after he’d won it by defeating Michael Nunn, the fighter Jones refused to defend that belt against.
            http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Zurita/Zurita062304.htm
            Last edited by General Zod; 03-30-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Let's just watch him keep going. See if he comes up with anything solid.
              Don't hold your breathe. Calzaghe fans aren't very bright.

Comment

• Originally posted by TysonJones3 View Post
                Let me guess, you dont care for RR because he unofficially beat Calzaghe? Thought so.
                SD or not, Eubank won that fight comfortably. He didn't ek out anything. Malinga gave him hell in only certain parts of that fight but he wasn't winning rounds.

Ask Reed and TRUTH(arguably the two biggest Roy fans on here) who my favorite yank fighter is?

Let me know, thanks.

Comment

• So in one link, a writer claims he ducked him. In the other, it says Nunn lost to Graciano Rochigianni for the LHW title. Hmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
                    What's your degree in? Basket weaving?

Basic Logic: YOU made a statement: Roy ducked Nunn.

Now YOU have to back it up with facts and proof.

You can't just go "well you explain it know it all nyah nyah" like a four year old. You made a statement, now back it up.

Pretty simple.
                    Where did I say he ducked him?

Comment

So in one link, a writer claims he ducked him. In the other, it says Nunn lost to Graciano Rochigianni for the LHW title. Hmm.
                      Nunn was his no 1 mandatory and Graciano was his no 2, when Jones vacated the WBC belt they fought for the vacant belt, which Graciano won. Jones later on would say he wanted the belt back and Graciano was stripped.

Comment

Working...
                      X