Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) In His Prime Was Roy Jones Jr Unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    It's the truth. So many names are missing. God knows why.
    This statement you just made does not logically mean = "Jones avoided ...." them which is what you said earlier.

I know English is not your fist language, but it's my third language. Try harder to mask your biases.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      How did Nunn lose his ranking?
      Why didn't Jones fight him?

Comment

When was Nunn the mandatory?

How did he lose his ranking?

Or did he never lose it?

Was Nunn ever given the chance to fight for the LHW title?

Simple questions, Battling.

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          when did I say that? are you just reading one thing and then making up the rest?

out of here, if you want a civilised debate without going off topic and making things up then I will come back. you roy jones fans are bad as calzaghe

You kinda implied it when you said that HBO was loosing money do to the contract they gave roy. You said his fights were only doing about 400k buys for each fight and they were loosing money. Well the only way to buy a fight is if its on pay per view. There are no buys on regular HBO. So you may want to clarify the whole 400k buys on each fight when his contract wasn't for pay per view fights, it was just HBO. See its statements like those that tell us you have no idea what you are talking about. Feel me?

Comment

• There were good names at 160-175 that he didn't fight. Did he duck them I don't know. There are conflicting reports from both sides. I would say I feel and have I always felt that Roy Jones DUCKED Vasiliv Jirov. And, at the time I thought Jirov would give him hell and possibly beat him. And, Jones was in his prime. And, Jirov was open to fight him. Roy didn't seem to eager to get into the ring with Jirov.

Comment

You made the claim that Roy avoided him. Prove it. It's not up to the person questioning your claim to prove his question.
              Last edited by Lead Cenobite; 03-30-2010, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                There were good names at 160-175 that he didn't fight. Did he duck them I don't know. There are conflicting reports from both sides. I would say I feel and have I always felt that Roy Jones DUCKED Vasiliv Jirov. And, at the time I thought Jirov would give him hell and possibly beat him. And, Jones was in his prime. And, Jirov was open to fight him. Roy didn't seem to eager to get into the ring with Jirov.
                Jones definitely ducked Jirov for Clinton Woods. The money was larger for Jirov and it wasn't like the audience would be any different. Battling Nelson just doesn't know what he's talking about so he'd rather hide his lack of knowledge behind vague statements he can't back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
                  Yeah I am. You have yet to apologize and retract for calling Maligna a bum.

Or say when you started watching boxing. Why don't you man up and answer?

And yeah I'm "biased". That's why I said Joe Calzaghe would beat Roy about a year out before they fought and continued to pound that point home to all the Roy fans who thought he had a chance.
                  1998, anyone who thought roy would beat calzaghe was insane. Both fans are deluded as you have proved (no offence) but everyone knows roy as shot to peices and calzaghe was still a top boxer

oh and the other guy, yes he did almost bankrupt hbo, check when he signed the contract and how much money he got, they lost money on almost every fight. kinda like how harrison killed boxing in uk

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    1998, anyone who thought roy would beat calzaghe was insane. Both fans are deluded as you have proved (no offence) but everyone knows roy as shot to peices and calzaghe was still a top boxer

oh and the other guy, yes he did almost bankrupt hbo, check when he signed the contract and how much money he got, they lost money on almost every fight. kinda like how harrison killed boxing in uk
                    Please. Please stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
                      This statement you just made does not logically mean = "Jones avoided ...." them which is what you said earlier.

I know English is not your fist language, but it's my third language. Try harder to mask your biases.
                      What's you problem pisspac? Didn't you get your cipralex today?

Comment

Working...
                      X