Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) In His Prime Was Roy Jones Jr Unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
    I'll tell what there wasn't either, Eubank 'eking out a decision'. He won that fight comfortably.
    So now we've amended the "SONNING" to "winning comfortably". Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      But it didn't. There was so many fights that would have been nice to see Jones take but somehow he avoided them. He did fight Pazienza though. Great fighter....
      Biased fail. Nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        I've read many interviews with Frank Warren and never saw any negotiations with Square Ring. Never. Plus, I don't need to read some ****ing articles, I was following the sport back then. No one was even thinking about Calzaghe. And it wasn't because he was some "feared" fighter either.
        Did you follow the sport in the british press or only the fat yank press?

Comment

You said his fights did about 400,000 buys. That means people purchased them. That means pay-per-view. Would you like me to write your posts for you as well?
          ok I am gonna say this once. the fights which were on ppv did not get a huge draw. How the hell would I know, all I read was the accumulated average of fights which were on ppv. remember I dont have hbo

end of the day roy not being on ppv shows either he was a little draw or he fought total bums because top fights are generally on ppv

Comment

How exactly did he avoid Nunn? Out of curiousity.
            He didn't that's the best part. By the time that fight could have been made Nunn was already saying things like "Roy would beat me" in interviews. But yeah he was running that Roy, because he was AMERICAN.

You see Americans are always coward-like ******* who avoid big fights whilst noble Europeans toil in obscurity chasing coward ***** Americans as hard as they can only to have said Americans dodge them.

Does that sum it up everyone?

Comment

Both. Go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
                Biased fail. Nice try though.
                your calling other people biased

come on man be reasonable

Comment

How exactly did he avoid Nunn? Out of curiousity.
                  Somehow he did. Nunn was his mandatory at some point and since he's not on Jones record Jones must have avoided him right?

Comment

Still pretending to be objective and unbiased whilst making comments like that?

LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                      ok I am gonna say this once. the fights which were on ppv did not get a huge draw. How the hell would I know, all I read was the accumulated average of fights which were on ppv. remember I dont have hbo

end of the day roy not being on ppv shows either he was a little draw or he fought total bums because top fights are generally on ppv
                      Prior to his match with John Ruiz, Roy Jones had a grand total of about 6-7 fights on pay-per-view. Roughly one a year; far less during his campaign at LHW. Was he a big draw? No. Did he bankrupt HBO? Are you 12?

Comment

Working...
                      X