No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arthur Abraham vs. Andre Dirrell Results, Notes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Why is it crazy for me to say, how the hell do I know if he is was legitimately hurt or not? It wasn't 100% clear either way. Just look at how many posters here are split on the issue, and how Arthur Abraham himself accused Dirrell of being a good actor.
    They're just nuthuggers, and what Abraham said was disgusting, but at least AA said it in the heat of the moment, unlike his nuthuggers, and I'm sure he regrets it by now. The guy's legs were twitching, that's not acting, and when they tried to interview him, he clearly didn't know what day of the week it was. Then they rushed him out of the ring without an interview, and rushed him to hospital and the ring doctor said he was worried he might have bleeding on the brain. For anyone to claim he was acting in those circumstances is just disgusting.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    My main point is that putting the question of acting/faking aside, Abraham deserved to get disqualified for hitting a man who was down. Period.
    Obviously I agree with your main point, but I objected to you pandering to the nuthuggers by implying that he might have been faking it, when he clearly wasn't.

Comment

• Well, I wasn't really pandering to anyone. After watching the replays I could see it from both sides.

It's an unimportant issue though because Abraham did what he did and got what he deserved.

Comment

• Super Six is becoming Super Sucks!!

This Super Six is getting ridiculous!! 4 fights so far and ALL 4 home fighters won!! 3 out of 4 fights ended in controversy!! And the 1 that didn't caused the loser to withdraw!! Is anyone else getting annoyed??

Why even ****ing bring in refs & judges for these fights!! What's the point since they're obviously biased towards the home fighter!!! Just ****ing put them in a cage from now on!! What a let down!! It's obvious anyway that the visiting fighter only chance at winning is by KO!!

Comment

• To people who say Dirrell acted: go hit yourself with a brick, and then ask your friends what were you acting and saying after that...

To people who say Abraham cheated: don`t be pathetic! Have you ever stepped into the ring? Do you know how to control yourself? You don`t know what was at stake for Abraham! I don`t think it was intentional... Wlad almost did the same to Chambers recently... RJJ kncoked out Griffin same way... It wasn`t intentional; he just didn`t feel the moment to stop attacking...

Comment

• Andre Dirrell is a ****ing drama queen. He and his all team should get an Oscar. He was hurt the previous round when he was KD (the referee should of called it a KD) and was going to get knocked the **** out. He was scared **** not to get KOed and put on an act. He and all his team of chickens acted like bitches. **** them all.

Comment

• Dirrell slipped twice in the same spot. What spot is that you ask? AA's corner, which had to be wiped down earlier because of water on the canvas.

Comment

• Illegal punching is unacceptable

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
                  He deserved the DQ.
                  Yes.

He's a cheat.
                  Continuing an attack like that is common in boxing. Going outside of the rules in one way or another is common. I think refs should be tougher, but these things do happen in boxing. If Abraham is a "cheat" then so are half the fighters out there at least, including probably Dirrell.

He beat a shot Miranda who Kelly ruined
                  In your opinion. In the opinion of Miranda himself, he was in a weakened state fighting Kelly Pavlik because of making the middleweight limit. He didn't have that problem when he got beaten by Abraham for the second time. And I think Abraham legitimately won the first first with Miranda.

and a shot JT who Kelly ruined....
                  Kelly ruined Taylor? Taylor didn't do too bad in the rematch, and was never a great fighter in the first place. There were plenty of doubts about him before the Pavlik fight.

LOL to the huggers that thought arthur could beat Kelly.
                  Pavlik doesn't have the movement to frustrate Abraham in the way that Dirrell did. What happened last night doesn't mean much with regard to an Abraham/Pavlik fight.

Also, Abraham was still in with a real chance of beating Dirrell.

Yeah, he shouldn't have hit Dirrell when down, but he isn't the first fighter to do it...

Comment

• Dirrell the rabbit got caught

Was Dirrell 'acting' of course he was watch the replay ...pure acting and Tarver was quick to defend him. Look Abraham always fights the way he fought last night. And sooner or later he's going to catch you. Dirrell was going to get knocked out and he knew it...he ran,his legs were giving out he slipped and Abraham although he shouldn't have hit him when he was down, got caught up in the moment against a fighter who wouldn't fight and **** happens. Dirrell did fight a good fight in the early rounds but was running on empty in the later rounds. The Referee was terrible robbing Abraham of a legitimate knock down (should have been a 10-8 round for abraham), stopped the action in the corner when Dirrell was in serious trouble in
                    the 9th. The knock down in I think the 4th was a flash knock down when Abraham was backing up adn off balance legitimate but no big deal When Dirrell was knocked down it was a legitimate knockdown
                    that the ref miscalled. Bad referee bad.

Comment

• AA bandwagoners seem real upset. He got schooled, threw an illegal shot and got DQ'd because of it. Get over it.

Dirrell > Abraham

Comment

Working...
                      X