Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Pacquiao get treated in his homeland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Pacquiao get treated in his homeland?

I would love to hear some stories. I mean does he get more love than the president? Is it even possible for him to enjoy living there without people wanting to be around him or his home 24/7? Does he get parades every time he goes back home? I'm just interested in how they treat him over there because being what he is and coming from a poor country, He must get a lot of love from his people!

From reading here I've always pictured him as a Jordan/Pitt/pre election Obama...which is probably wrong. I live in the midwest. But I watched the trailer for Wapakman or whatever it's called and with a bottle and a blunt it would be wonderful, otherwise it looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad I don't know who could watch it. Even Jinkee would say "sooo that was.........good" And serouisly his singing? He'd be a highlight of those who suck on American Idol. I can't even imagine what Simon would say.

Comment

Well if Pac raped numerous kids he certainly would do jail time unlike a gloved American singing icon....

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
        I would love to hear some stories. I mean does he get more love than the president? Is it even possible for him to enjoy living there without people wanting to be around him or his home 24/7? Does he get parades every time he goes back home? I'm just interested in how they treat him over there because being what he is and coming from a poor country, He must get a lot of love from his people!
        Loved more than the president ....checked

possible enjoy living w/o people wanting him 24/7 .... checked (he enjoys the spoils of success and energized by his popularity, i really dont know what he feels but heck, being a billionaire 2x over I am sure he is enjoying his life in the Philippines)

Parades, standard norm everytime he comes back after a fight, they even have a parade when he lost to Erik Morales last 2005

Comment

Just imagine their no crime no trafic when he fight. Its a devoted catholic country but if the Pope parade the same time pac fight. I bet their could hardly a crowd to great the Pope.

Comment

First off, the President is not well loved here with allegations of corruption left and right. As for Pac, he is well loved in the sense that he creates unity amongst the people..When he fights, everybody is glued on the T.V. and the Cinemas as well..People love him on what he does inside the ring. But outside thereof is a totally different story..His Wapakman movie flopped heavily and he failed bigtime in the last election..I think though that people want him to stick to what he does best..Anent the atmosphere after his fights, well, he's given a royalty-like parade etc.. He can still go to the malls here not heavily guarded because people respect him very much so he can get in and out of it totally unscathed..BTW, when Eric Morales went here in the Philippines, you'll be surprised by the kind of warm reception he got from the Filipino people..I tell you, he went to an upscale mall here and he was surrounded by so many people getting his authograph..He was treated as our own when he was here..

Comment

pac gets treated like a princess......

Comment

Originally posted by statosteve View Post
                pac gets treated like a princess......
                No, that's the name of his daughter. The other one is Queen Elizabeth.

Comment

people in the philippines know what kind of struggle filipinos go through and pacquiao has been through that struggle, made it out and never forgot where his struggles and roots has came from. he represents what all filipinos cant stand for. there's always that one person that defines your country and what it stands for. in my country, it's manny pacquiao.

Comment

like god i`d imagin.

Comment

Working...
                    X