No announcement yet.

Maglinagi +350 or Ruiz +600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maglinagi +350 or Ruiz +600

I think both are going to lose, but i like a little insurance bet and these are good odds, where should i put my 20 quid?

I would say bet on Malignaggi, and since you posted that I think I am going to bet on him myself.

Comment

I think betting on either of them is a waste but if I bet on one it would be Ruiz since Haye's chin is always a liability and Ruiz can punch a bit. Khan's chin is complete trash, much worse than Haye's P4P but Malignaggi is one of the lightest hitting world champion caliber fighters in the history of the sport, and Khan is not getting outboxed by him...in other words, Paulie has no chance at all.

Comment

Excuse my american ignorance but i've always wondered, is a quid the same as a pound? is it like 20 dollars vs 20 bucks? Anyway, with those odds i'd throw money on both, I think Paulie has a chance, and alot of people believe ruiz could win as well (gun to my head if i could only pick one it'd be paulie, i really think he's got a good shot and feels he has something to prove now) but alot of people think haye is just hype and ruiz can beat him, i disagree and so does the betting public, but with those odds, I'd throw 10 on each or 15 on paulie 5 on ruiz

Comment

yeah a quid is a pound.

I really am not sure Ruiz has any chance at all, i know Hayes chin is bad, but it's no worse than the chin of Adnan Serin (Ko'd 7 times) and Ruiz landed A LOT of shots over several rounds flush on Serin before finally closing the show. If Ruiz wants to land like that on Haye, he will be eating many Hayemakers on the counter, and he can't afford to do that, I pretty much think the style clash neuters Ruiz.

Paulie though, i think may have a chance, all depends though, i may throw a bit each way, ill regret it the upset comes up otherwise.

Comment

Malinaggi has the better chance to win

Comment

Ruiz, easily. Aside from getting better odds, I view Ruiz as slightly more likely to win than Malignaggi. Ruiz has at least a puncher's chance, something Pauli probably doesn't have even against Khan. Furthermore I can't think of one advantage that Pauli has over Khan; Khan has faster hands, more power, and a skill set that equals or exceeds Malinaggi's. Khan is also trained by Roach who's presence in the corner confers a slight advantage in ring IQ at least imo.

At least when you look at Ruiz you can say he has a definite physical advantage in being the larger more natural heavy weight. He also has just enough power to check David's chin if he lands cleanly. Haye also has a fatigue problem when fights go rounds, and Ruiz if nothing else always goes rounds(unless he is fighting the Tua man).

Also, I think heavy weight boxing is more favorable to underdog betting because sudden knockouts occur a bit more often than they do in lower weight classes...at least that's my impression.

Don't get me wrong, both of these guys are huge underdogs for good reason and even if they do enough to win a decision they probably won't get it(promotional interest/everyone is tired of Ruiz and Malinaggi).

Comment

Malignaggi isn't a bad bet at that price. Ruiz has a lot against him. He'll probably have to take Haye out to win, and that's asking a lot of a slow heavyweight in his late 30's.

Comment

All Malignaggi has to do is sneeze close to Amir to knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                    I think both are going to lose, but i like a little insurance bet and these are good odds, where should i put my 20 quid?
                    I would have to say, although I'm a much bigger Paulie fan than I am a Ruiz fan, Ruiz is a better bet. Haye's chin and skill set are still questionable at HW, and Khan is still a question as to how he would deal with a guy as fast as Paulie. But I think Ruiz's chances are not much worse against Haye than Paulie's light hands are against Khan. And given that his chances are only minimally worse, you're gonna make alot more risking less at +6 than +3.5.

Although I believe Paulie has a slightly better shot to win, it is not enough to get more value out of his odds than Ruiz's.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X