No announcement yet.

Steve Farhood: "Pacquiao is the BIGGEST name in American boxing right now"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explain this...

I got eat lunch at the Greatmall in Milpitas CA..

All I see are Pac tee shirts... Go to Nike Store.. more Pac Tee shirts.. and a Pac Poster..

Go to SF over the weekend.. See more Pac shirts. and a Bill board of Pac..

When I go to the gym.. I see alot of people wearing Pac-Tee shirts.. All nationality.. from Black, white, asian and latino..

I dont see 1 Floyd teeshirt...

Comment

Originally posted by I'd rather box View Post
      PBF's PPV#s are faceless. But, we all know who is at the venues and it's quite obvious they're not well-whishers for PBF !!
      why are the faceless? explain please

DLH - PBF = PBF boo'ed like crazy

Hatton - PBF = PBF boo'ed like crazy

JMM - PBF = PBF boo'ed like crazy
      cmon now

DLH- the most popular fighter since Tyson. You think they aren't going to boo Mayweather

Hatton- UK dollar was strong so they came in droves

JMM- were you there? I was and the booing you said was vastly overstated. In fact when he started to put on a clinic a lot of cheers came out.

all three are PBF's highest grossing PPV's, yet, the overwhelming majority of the crowd were for PBF's opponents !!
      DLH and Hatton yes

JMM you are out of your mind.

and what does this have to do with my original question

seriously is it just that you guys cannot give Mayweather ANY credit?

It wouldn't be too far-fetched to think that the folks that ordered the PPV's were pro Mexican or rootin' for Hatton.
      yes it would considering Hatton really has no US based PPV fanbase

and JMM in his PPVs cannot do 100k buys

The thing is though, the haters know what PBF is about, he's a highly talented/skilled fighter and they respect that.
      honestly if you think this is about haters wanting to watch Mayweather lose then you won't ever give Mayweather any credit at all

shame really

PAC is famous. Whereas PBF is infamous, either way, it makes $$$
      to a degree but to say thats solely what they are is short sighted

Comment

interesting to read a Showtime guy gushing over an HBO fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz View Post
          Mayweather does great PPV# cause people want to watch him loose..
          Mayweather plays the Villian very very well. I have paid for every PPV he has.. and I dont even like the guy...

But dont get me wrong. Mayweather has alot of fans too.. you can see that with the Forums.. and he deserves it.. He is the best boxer today...
          you have got to be kidding me with this?

so people pay to see him lose and thats why he can get to 1 million buys with a fighter MOST knew couldn't beat him?

isn't that being a bit hypocritical?

let me explain

on one hand you and some have said

his opponent was Mexican which is why sales went up in some aspects.

Ok so explain how when that said Mexican's last PPV where he was the main attraction did 80k buys

people want to see him lose

okay so explain why 1 million paid to see Mayweather fight an opponent most said was too small to be competitive and could lose in a bad way?

honestly I think most of the Manny fans on here HATE to give Mayweather any credit where it is due

its clear Mayweather knows what he is doing and its translated into people wanting to see him fight

yet to hear some of you its anything BUT Mayweather driving his success

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz View Post
            Explain this...

I got eat lunch at the Greatmall in Milpitas CA..
            I have to own you on this one bro because you are doing nothing but hating on Floyd

http://www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/visit_...t_milpitas.asp

let me fast forward to the ownage

"Milpitas is rich in diversity. In 2000, Asians constituted 52% of the population with Filipino the largest Asian group at 15%. Caucasians were 24%; Hispanic 17% and African-American were 3%."

All I see are Pac tee shirts... Go to Nike Store.. more Pac Tee shirts.. and a Pac Poster..
            um maybe thats because

http://niketalk.yuku.com/topic/13454...with-Nike.html

he is one of their endorses in a city where the Filipino community is large?

I mean just a reach buuuuut....

Go to SF over the weekend.. See more Pac shirts. and a Bill board of Pac..
            do you really want me to find the census poll of how many Pinoys/Pinays reside in SF?

When I go to the gym.. I see alot of people wearing Pac-Tee shirts.. All nationality.. from Black, white, asian and latino..
            thats great but doesnt explain why Mayweather does great PPV numbers

I dont see 1 Floyd teeshirt...

aside from the Mayweather Loves Mexico shirt I haven't seen many Mayweather shirts period

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              I have to own you on this one bro because you are doing nothing but hating on Floyd

http://www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/visit_...t_milpitas.asp

let me fast forward to the ownage

"Milpitas is rich in diversity. In 2000, Asians constituted 52% of the population with Filipino the largest Asian group at 15%. Caucasians were 24%; Hispanic 17% and African-American were 3%."

um maybe thats because

http://niketalk.yuku.com/topic/13454...with-Nike.html

he is one of their endorses in a city where the Filipino community is large?

I mean just a reach buuuuut....

do you really want me to find the census poll of how many Pinoys/Pinays reside in SF?

thats great but doesnt explain why Mayweather does great PPV numbers

aside from the Mayweather Loves Mexico shirt I haven't seen many Mayweather shirts period

So are you saying they are not selling Pac-Gear in other citys?... Like New-York, Vegas, LA,, etc etc?? only here in the Bay Area?..

And if Mayweather so big.. Why cant I find a Tee-shirt anywere?

Comment

dawg see sorry but you are part of the problem that goes on here

I asked a simple question about Mayweather's PPV sales

even agreed with you about what you stated about HBO etc etc

and you find EVERY LITTLE REASON to **** on him

why? I mean for a fighter you guys call coward and gay and cherry picker he seems to be the main bone of contention for Manny fans

YOU mentioned the city of Milpitas not me bro I pointed out to you the two cities YOU mentioned have high Filipino populations. You tried to use both as run of the mill cities and I pointed out to you how high the Filipino population is in both.

nah let me **** on Floyd some more.....**** is tired

and I would love to explain why Mayweather has no shirts but why bother when you guys care less so long as it fits your hate agenda.

seriously dude get over it and give credit where credit is due

Mayweather may not have the loyal fanbase Manny has but he is a draw and not jst for the hate that comes from the likes of you, not from the fanbase of his opponent and certainly not for the people who tune in to simply watch him lose.

he is a star period.

Comment

lol..people only buy floyd fights to see him lose...guess what..they still buy the ****ing fights..over and over and over again.....

Comment

and manny tee-shirts??lol..where have you ever seen adamn floyd tee-shirt???he doesnt need that ****..lol..this is getting real funny

Comment

damn earner is owning ma****as left and right

Comment

Working...
                      X