Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is boxing popular in your circle of friends...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids in my age group(I'm 17 about to be 18) aren't able to comprehend boxing for some reason. They can watch every other sport, but don't see the beauty in two men leaving it all in the ring.

Boxing is a sport of such great stories, legacies, sweat, blood, and tears. I don't understand why people around me don't follow it.

Comment

• Very and even the females in the crew watch it

Comment

• Most of my closest friends likes boxing but nowhere as much as I do. They only care about Pacquiao. One of them knows a little more than the others, mostly welterweights like Cotto, Floyd, and Amir Khan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
          I was just wondering if any of you had friends in your circle that followed boxing closely...

Obviously the majority of us are on this forum are avid boxing fans...

But, outside of this forum I don't know anyone who follows boxing the way I do...from the standpoint that I watch any fight that I can...

The majority of my friends and co-workers don't keep up with boxing at all and only watch fights with say Pacquiao or Mayweather...and even in that they don't know anything about their past fights... other than a year ago...Hype is the main reason they watch it anyway...

They can tell you stuff about every sport except boxing...

Now I'm sure there are plenty of other boxing fans, but I rarely meet a guy or girl who keeps up with fighters without the big name..

If I asked one of my friends what they though of, say Paul Williams they would be lost

A forum is the only place for me to have a legitimate boxing conversation...

Is that the case with you...?
          Same here.

My friends and co-workers only watch the huge PPV boxing events, but when I try to invite to my house to watch say SalidovsJuanMa II, or any other fight that does not include the names of Pac or May they are like "who that hell is that?!"

The only person I have conversations about boxing, besides boxing forums is my pops.

Its sad, I wish my friends and co-workers' even my brother loved boxing like I do.
          Last edited by fceeviper; 01-09-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Unfortunately it isn't. This is sad because the only people I get to talk to about boxing are on here. I bring up topics in conversations and people always revert to either Floyd or Pacquiao and that makes me realize they don't know jack squat.

Comment

• My father in law loves this **** and has always watched even before I became a big fan. But now we've taken it to a whole new level cause I've become obsessed with it, Now I got all my brother in laws asking who's fighting next and if I think It'll be a good fight. They mostly care if a Mexican is fighting or not. I send out mass text's when there's a fight I know has a chance to be FOTY candidate or when there's going to be a fight on Network TV. But ultimately my father in law and I can watch the undercards and fights on FNF's and Telemundo and watch cause we love to watch the sweet science more than we care about this name fighting that name.

Comment

• Well one cool thing, whenever I invite my pops and my brother to any LA boxing event in the LA area' like 97% of the time of they go with me with no fuss, but the one catch is I always have to purchase all the tickets. They do buy beers for me at the event though.

My co-workers and friends never want to go to the boxing events, they only want to attend NBA, and MLB games.

Comment

• Well...only if, if you guys are my friends?? You are my friends, right?????

Comment

• Depends on which group. One group is all about college sports (football/basketball) while the other is more UFC/MMA. Although more times than not, the convo with the MMA group always goes back to boxing one way or another.

Comment

• I have no friends

Comment

Working...
                      X