Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can Anyone Seriously Believe Floyd Ducked Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
    **Attention *****s**

Floyd ducked Pac

pac never juiced, mosley did. Its ok to demand MOSLEY take USADA drug tests because he used to juice. Its NOT OK to demand it of pac - because pac is clean, and besides, it was just an excuse TO DUCK PAC
    guess what? Mosley never ever got caught juicing. I guess its not ok to test all those guys in MLB who never failed a test also or maybe the Track guys. Maybe its ok to not test all the Balco guys since alot of them never failed one before getting caught or admitting it on there own

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      PART 2

Then I go to the Mosley fight and ask people what is the difference between Pac & Mosley? My point being is that everyone was also saying Floyd was scared of Mosley, will duck him, and never fight him. Floyd offered Shane the same test as Pac. What if Shane said NO? We all know that Shane needed the money and stuff but the point is what if he said NO? Then right now I bet you anything that Floyd wouldnt be fighting his ass and everyone would be ripping him & saying that he's scared when really now we all know that its not true. He just wants these 2 guys in particular to do it because he doesnt trust them.

Thats what I dont understand about this. Shane couldve easily said NO and right now there would be no fight. Its the same way with Pac. If he had said Yes then right now he wouldve just finished fighting Floyd. Once he says Yes then there is no way for Floyd to back out of the fight. All this stuff about Floyd being scared & ducking guys is a joke and I think even the haterz can see that now with the Mosley fight. Not only Floyd accepting it but just everything that happeneds when they are face to face. Alot of people think Floyd was shook in the ring with Shane after the JMM fight but now look at them. Floyd is looking at him the same way he did everyone else. You cant truly say that he is scared of Shane.

If you want to say that he didnt fight guys like Shane, Pac, Margarito, or Cotto for other reasons then fine but dont tell me that this man is just terrified of them because I think now when he's face to face with Mosley you can see thats not true. He's just a business man 1st and if Pac said yes to the testing which he did say in the begining then they wouldve just finished fighting. Its that simple. Last thing on the roids issue I would say that we cant be naive and think that its not going on. What if a boxer lost like 3 fights in a row and needed to definitely win to stay in the mix? What if he's struggling to feed his family and this is a must win? What if Cotto still wants to be great and felt desperate that he had to win his next fight to get back to the top. You think fighters havent done this?

Again, Im not even saying its true about Pac because I dont think it is. I think he is Superman but that doesnt mean that I dont see why some guys who have been around boxing forever are wondering about it. You just dont see stuff like this that much. I think Floyd's team actually think Shane is a more difficult fight so I know they are not scared of Pac. No way he would leave Pac and fight Shane who is just as tough for less money & fame. Its only because of the testing and its genuine. I think they believe Floyd can beat him with roids but is it worth the risk? I think they feel like its not and they cant understand why they wont meet him halfway espically when they were the one's saying that it was all good?

My whole point in this post is that you can say what you want or believe what you want but one thing you really cant say is that Floyd made up the roids stuff to duck him. Its not true. It was something genuine and they thought that it wouldnt be a problem. They also backed way off on it because they wanted 5 totally random test all the way up until fight now but now settled for 3 non random test to stop 14 days out and only 2 of the test are before the fight. Come on guys, thats really nothing when you think about it. Thats not ducking someone.

They didnt know Pac would turn something like that down and the idiot Roach would come up with a dumb excuse to always contradict his previous excuse. Also, you cant rip Floyd for making up new rules because this is boxing. Thats sadly what boxing is. Its no different then the 10mil penalty, or the catchweight, or any of the other dumb things in boxing

Most of the people that are saying oh why did`nt Mayweather ask other fighters to take a test are stupid *******s.

Comment

People are going to believe what they want to believe, but in the end the facts are simple;

Mayweather was the one who tried his hardest to compromise and make this fight happen, Pacquiao kept changing his mind on whether he needed a 3 or 27 day cutoff prior to the fight. Mayweather agreed to a 50/50 split, a smaller sized glove then what's mandated by the commission and an outrageous 10 million dollar/lbs penalty, he also bent on his OST request and offered a 14 day cutoff, but Pacquiao needs about a month for some reason. Pacquiao refused a request that any fighter that's clean would have agreed to IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          I don't think he was genuinely scared of Pacquiao, but I think he's scared to actually lose.

I've never been a big Floyd hater or anything because the dude is phenomenally talented in the ring, but I think he's put himself in a position to where if and when he loses it's going to be a dark cloud hanging over Floyd because that's what his whole aura is based off of, the "0". The sudden Drug Test demands to me from the jump seemed a bit suspect on the side of Floyd because he's never demanded that from any fighter. Putting in the notion that many critics looked at Pacquiao as a sure shot to beat Floyd and Pacquiao being an 8/5 Favorite (something Floyd's NEVER experienced), you have to think about how Floyd could get out of that hole...and what better way than to take the spotlight off Pacquiao and make him look like the bad guy?

With that being said, I believe Pacquiao should've gone along with the blood tests just to prove a point, but him not taking the tests doesn't make him a cheater or scared of Floyd. Floyd is usually the one making demands and expecting his opponents to follow through because of the big opportunity they have to fight Mayweather, but this is an instance where BOTH fighters have the big opportunity instead of 1 guy overseeing the other as just an "Opponent". In other words...THEIR EGOS KILLED THIS FIGHT (temporarily).

The drug test was his father`s idea he Senior even said it in a interview.

And also the reason Floyd ask Pac to take a test and not other opponents in the past cause Pac look suspect to him.Pac moving up all those weight classes and still hav`nt lost any speed and power(he`s arguably faster then when he was at the lower weight classes)makes alot of people suspicious of him not just Floyd and his camp.

Its funny how some of you will claim Floyd is scared but you don`t question Pac`s reluctance to take a random test without a cutoff date.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            The thing with the Mosley fight though is that fight happened due to unforeseen circumstances (Berto pulling out of the fight). I made a point about this the other day. If Mosley vs Berto had gone on, Mayweather was still left without an opponent being Pacquiao was set to face Clottey in March. Mayweather still wanted to fight in March and names such as Campbell and Malignaggi were being thrown around, but it wasn't until the Mosley vs Berto fight got squashed that Mayweather vs Mosley was made. Why? Because it was the best fight Floyd could take. Floyd isn't scared of Mosley either, but you have to wonder if they ever really planned to fight Mosley to begin with. Ellerbe made statements about them taking on Mosley if the Pacquiao fight fell through, but again they put themselves in a position that if Mosley were to lose to Berto then they can just forget about that fight too.

I think the stars finally aligned and I'm happy this fight is happening now. But the Mosley fight should've been his return fight and I believe he would've still performed well. If the Mosley vs Berto fight did take place, where would Mosley fit in the equation if both Pac and Floyd were to win their fights and be on their way to fighting each other?

Even before Floyd negotiated with Pac Floyd said he`s only want`s big fights.And while negotiating for the Pac fight Leonard ellerbe said "if the fight with Pacquiao can`t be made then they`ll fight Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              I dont agree with that. Matter of fact its totally wrong. 1st off the Berto fight was in January so its not like it was a long ways off. 2nd, HBO was never ever going to let both Pac & Floyd fight on the same day. People were dumb for thinking that was true. Why would they lose out on that much money? 3rd and what everyone has to remember is that Berto had the Haiti thing but was also basically bought out. Meaning that Floyd went after Mosley. He wasnt ducking him or the Berto fight just fell through. Floyd basically pulled the strings on the fight along with the Haiti tragedy just to get to Mosley
              That's called assuming my friend. If you can provide proof that actually happened I'll be glad to check it out.

Bottom line is Mosley vs Berto was literally days from happening, that fight WAS going to happen. Floyd paying Berto off doesn't cover the production HBO was putting on for the fight, promotion, etc. Mosley vs Mayweather happened due to unforeseen circumstances and Mosley was the next best option for Floyd after Pacquaio fell through and Berto dropped out. If Floyd wanted Mosley THAT bad, he would've fought him after his 18 month training session (excuse me...retirement).

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
                Even before Floyd negotiated with Pac Floyd said he`s only want`s big fights.And while negotiating for the Pac fight Leonard ellerbe said "if the fight with Pacquiao can`t be made then they`ll fight Mosley.
                Ellerbe's said a lot of things, but in Boxing nothing is for sure until both names are on the contracts. Floyd stated he wanted to fight a lot of guys, but a good amount also didn't happen.

IMO, if they wanted Mosley that bad Floyd could've fought him in his comeback fight being Mosley had no dance partner either.

And this is no diss to Floyd whatsoever, I just don't buy the fact that people believe he planned all this. It's all circumstantial (which doesn't bother me one bit either).

Comment

Floyd in his prime faked 3 retirements just to avoid a top WW for half a decade. History would dictate........

Comment

I understand that maybe Snr and Roger believe or have a suspicion that Pac is on roids but that doesn't mean they should OUTRIGHT start ACCUSING a professional sportsman, a humble athlete like Pac who, it seems to me, would be the last person to use a performance enhacing drug, considering how talented he is and always has been (a world champion aged 20), they should start bandying about all this nonsense about Philipines has the best PEDs etc., that's just out of order and the accusations against Pac are baseless and defamatory. Every one knows Floyd jr's welterweight career's been a joke since he stepped up from 140, I think the Mayweathers are jealous that, in 2 fights at WW, Pac has beaten two big, strong fully-fledged welterweights and put Floyd in the shade

Comment

PBF ducked noone. All those haters should list those p4p fighters that Floyd ducked. They can't, because there aren't any. PBF's the one and only real deal out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X