Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chambers Still In Hospital - He Actually Stopped Breathing At One Point

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to hear that. Hope he recovers soon.

Comment

The human body is strange. He took flush right hand bombs all night, and then was put to sleep with five seconds left with a grazing left.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        From Bild via a online translator
        http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/mehr-s...mer-quote.html

Ring physician Dr. Stephen Bock (Duisburg): "He's not breathing, was available again after five minutes. His team feared a spinal injury, prevented me at first even for the immediate actions. I said: 'We must revive him. That comes first '. "

After 20 seconds the breathing set up by itself"

"At 2.15 clock he was taken with a severe concussion, swelling and cut on the eyelid to the university clinic, was given after MRI examination a flight ban issued"

"[/I]

So he was unresponsive for 5 minutes, stopped breathing for 20 seconds and still doesn't remember the last round at all and has a severe concussion.

That **** sounds pretty bad, hope he makes a quick and full recovery. I wonder if he'll have mental/confidence issues after this. He should definitely take a couple warm up fights vs lesser comp & not big punchers to build himself up again. CW might be a good idea too imo.

Too bad... I hope that he recovers soon and comes back very healthy.

I think Steward is responsible for pushing Wlad to KO Eddie. I think Wlad should have just let Chambers go home safe.

Comment

damn...guess all those shots he absored thru the fight really affected him..sometimes a good chin can be a bad thing

Comment

omg i hope hes ok

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
              omg i hope hes ok

Yeah, defo hope he's okay and can resume his fight career. Respect to him, he very nearly went twelve with Klitschko. Klitschko is just a beast of a man.

Comment

From Bild via a online translator
                http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/mehr-s...mer-quote.html

Ring physician Dr. Stephen Bock (Duisburg): "He's not breathing, was available again after five minutes. His team feared a spinal injury, prevented me at first even for the immediate actions. I said: 'We must revive him. That comes first '. "

After 20 seconds the breathing set up by itself"

"At 2.15 clock he was taken with a severe concussion, swelling and cut on the eyelid to the university clinic, was given after MRI examination a flight ban issued"

Klitschko coach Emanuel Stewart "It was one of the hardest knockouts that I have ever seen."

So he was unresponsive for 5 minutes, stopped breathing for 20 seconds and still doesn't remember the last round at all and has a severe concussion.

That **** sounds pretty bad, hope he makes a quick and full recovery. I wonder if he'll have mental/confidence issues after this. He should definitely take a couple warm up fights vs lesser comp & not big punchers to build himself up again. CW might be a good idea too imo.

Comment

That leaping left hook of Vlads must be much harder than we all think. It doesn't even look that devastating, but its the same punch that landed on Ray Austin and put him to sleep as well

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                    Too bad... I hope that he recovers soon and comes back very healthy.

I think Steward is responsible for pushing Wlad to KO Eddie. I think Wlad should have just let Chambers go home safe.
                    Completely disagree

1) Klitschko obviously didn't intend to actually hurt him seriously

2) it's boxing, that's the name of the game. It isn't basketball. Killer instinct and finishing your opponent is what every boxer should be going for. If not then find a different sport.

It's terrible when guys get seriously injured but risk is involved in anything Hockey, football, driving a car. It's a part of life.

Comment

He's a top level boxer just a bit undersized imo although his chin is solid at HW he just caught a temple shot from probably the biggest hitter at HW. Really should consider CW in my eyes.
                      I totally agree!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X