No announcement yet.

Chambers Still In Hospital - He Actually Stopped Breathing At One Point

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wladimir's power is devestating.

Wish Eddie all the best with his recovery.

Comment

does anybody have any new info on the status of chambers now, is he still in the hospital in germany, is he back in the states yet.... how is he doing.........

wlad defintely has devistating power, i heard a interview today with emmanuel and he had a few conversations after the fight and manny says wlad is going to be more agressive in future fights

Comment

dam I hope he gets back to 100% ...this is y russians are ruthless fighters ha... just sayin

Comment

Sometimes you get a little bit skeptical with that short hook because the punches before that last one was way more harder to look and Chambers walked through them. Hope he's Ok though.

Comment

That was one of the most brutal KOs I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              From Bild via a online translator
              http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/mehr-s...mer-quote.html

Ring physician Dr. Stephen Bock (Duisburg): "He's not breathing, was available again after five minutes. His team feared a spinal injury, prevented me at first even for the immediate actions. I said: 'We must revive him. That comes first '. "

After 20 seconds the breathing set up by itself"

"At 2.15 clock he was taken with a severe concussion, swelling and cut on the eyelid to the university clinic, was given after MRI examination a flight ban issued"

Klitschko coach Emanuel Stewart "It was one of the hardest knockouts that I have ever seen."

So he was unresponsive for 5 minutes, stopped breathing for 20 seconds and still doesn't remember the last round at all and has a severe concussion.

That **** sounds pretty bad, hope he makes a quick and full recovery. I wonder if he'll have mental/confidence issues after this. He should definitely take a couple warm up fights vs lesser comp & not big punchers to build himself up again. CW might be a good idea too imo.
              I would have said this is b.s. but I seen an interview with Chambers himself where he says he doesn't even remember the knockout, so it must have given him a brutal concussion that much is true

Comment

Chambers is a class act, hoping for a full recovery. He should take some time off and keep taking neurological tests then he can go from there.

Comment

I don't get it. I saw an interview with Chambers the night of the fight or the next day......posted on this site and he was saying he was fine and that he hoped to get another title shot in the future after rebuilding and replanning. The interviewer asked if he was ok and he was adamate that he was fine and said he would be back.

If he indeed went to the hospital for a sustained period of time and is hurt, I hope he recovers well. Seems a bit odd to me though considering the video I saw though.

Not making this up........here is the video:

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    I don't get it. I saw an interview with Chambers the night of the fight or the next day......posted on this site and he was saying he was fine and that he hoped to get another title shot in the future after rebuilding and replanning. The interviewer asked if he was ok and he was adamate that he was fine and said he would be back.

If he indeed went to the hospital for a sustained period of time and is hurt, I hope he recovers well. Seems a bit odd to me though considering the video I saw though.

Not making this up........here is the video:

I think the story is true but the way they say it the chain of events are wrong.

The story gives the impression that he was unconcious at the hosptial when he was unconcious in the ring after the ko, then revived quickly, woke up after five minutes. etc.

Then you see the interview which I imagine was done before he went to the hospital.
                    He was conscious at the hospital but the doctors checked him out and he had a concussion.

I don't think he stopped breathing at the hospital. I think it was for a few seconds after the ko.

Comment

Originally posted by fenixbb View Post
                      Germans are so stupid Klitschko is not even a German but they treat him like one. Imagine a German Boxer in the Ukraine he would never gain ****. LOL just shows how stupid and arrogant the Germans are. Germans don't know any Boxer except Klitschko.
                      That's why they just voted Arthur Abraham Fighter of the Year for 2009.

Comment

Working...
                      X