No announcement yet.

Chambers Still In Hospital - He Actually Stopped Breathing At One Point

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I wish him well and hope he makes a full recovery,but it doesnt change how I feel about the piss poor non effort he made saturday.

Comment

Ive just re-watched the shot a few times on youtube. It looks very weird almost as if there wasnt any contact at all.

Comment

I don't understand why people don't think the punch landed or could cause a lot of damage. It caught Chambers right on the temple, and that is definitely going to cause damage. And it's not like Wlad is a light puncher either, he's one of the biggest, if not the biggest puncher in the HW division. So I'm not surprised this happened to Chambers.

But I hope he comes out alright, no-one wants to see a boxer seriously damaged but I'm sure he'll be Ok, he'll just have to take a few months out to recover then fight some light punchers in whatever division Chambers chooses.

Comment

wlad hit him high up on the temple. almost through the temple. when a 245 lb man hits a 205 lb man and rattles his brain, i expect residual damage.

Comment

i only watched the 12th round on youtube, didnt see the broadcast, what was shown after the KO on tv? I never read anything on here (although i just browsed a few threads) about the doctors giving Chambers tratment. The doc always goes to make sure the guy who was KOd is alright, but did he have to revive him, mouth to mouth and compressions etc? Or did they go to adverts or just not show that part of the ring?

Never realised Chambers was as ****ed up as that, hope he pulls through
              Last edited by gingeralbino; 03-22-2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fenixbb View Post
                Germans are so stupid Klitschko is not even a German but they treat him like one. Imagine a German Boxer in the Ukraine he would never gain ****. LOL just shows how stupid and arrogant the Germans are. Germans don't know any Boxer except Klitschko.
                whats so arrogant about being acceptant towards another race?

damn ure stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  From Bild via a online translator
                  http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/mehr-s...mer-quote.html

Ring physician Dr. Stephen Bock (Duisburg): "He's not breathing, was available again after five minutes. His team feared a spinal injury, prevented me at first even for the immediate actions. I said: 'We must revive him. That comes first '. "

After 20 seconds the breathing set up by itself"

"At 2.15 clock he was taken with a severe concussion, swelling and cut on the eyelid to the university clinic, was given after MRI examination a flight ban issued"

Klitschko coach Emanuel Stewart "It was one of the hardest knockouts that I have ever seen."

So he was unresponsive for 5 minutes, stopped breathing for 20 seconds and still doesn't remember the last round at all and has a severe concussion.

That **** sounds pretty bad, hope he makes a quick and full recovery. I wonder if he'll have mental/confidence issues after this. He should definitely take a couple warm up fights vs lesser comp & not big punchers to build himself up again. CW might be a good idea too imo.
                  i wonder how long it would take for eddie to recover...

Comment

Originally posted by Majority_Draw View Post
                    German propaganda in order to enhance Wlad's reputation.. this is not true
                    sounds like their trying to turn him into ivan drago in image

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      I just saw the KO again.. I really have a hard time believe that punch could have done so much damage. Some angles it doesn't even look like it landed. Something doesn't seem right about this at all.
                      Tysons KO-punch on Berbick didn't look hard either. Neither did Ottke's KO on Mundine yet he was unconcious for 10 minutes. A perfect templeshot is in fact lethal.

Comment

Working...
                      X