No announcement yet.

Mayweather's Unconfidence, Fear, Jealousy, and the Placebo Effect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather's Unconfidence, Fear, Jealousy, and the Placebo Effect

We already know that Mayweather isn't as good against southpaws. He's not confident in his philly shell defense: note how he uses the conventional guard against Judah in their fight. He even tried to switch it up against Judah, assuming punches would go wild. It didn't really work. Whenever he tried to go back to the shoulder roll, he'd get strafed with straight left hands.

Mayweahter says that ordinary fighters don't improve to extraordinary. Right there is clear cut evidence Floyd doesn't want any part of Pacman. Pacquiao is extraordinary. Is Floyd? Does Floyd believe he's extraordinary? Of course, I believe that fighters like Pacquiao can improve to greatness, because it must be remembered that Pacquiao didn't have a long amateur career. His style wasn't cemented. On the contrary, after 80 or so amateur fights and the Olympics, your style is pretty much cemented.

I also believe Mayweather is highly jealous of Pacquiao. Mayweahter's called for patriotism in supporting himself, he said Marquez had "a whole country behind him", yet Floyd hs about 2 cities behind him (Las Vegas and Grand Rapids). Manny is endorsed by Nike... if you want to know you're a star, get endorsed by Nike (as it has Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, etc.). Look how Floyd tried to get Reebok. Nobody wears Reebok anymore!

So he accuses Manny of steroids. Because steroids teaches fighters how to throw a right hook (becuase when you can't hook early in your career, and you learn how to....you MUST either be on roids...or a hooker). It teaches fighters how to go for the knockout, how to strategically dismantle fighters, it's a super drug.

Of course, the steroid testing is simply a PLACEBO. If Manny tests clean the whole time, "HE MUST NOT BE DOING ROIDS NOW, I'VE GOT HIM!", and of course, if he tests dirty, the obvious happens. This argument can even be used against Mosley. Mosley just destructed the undestructable. In the back of Floyd's mind, if he loses and doesn't fully test Mosley, he will be tormented by the idea that Shane might've juiced. So Of course, he has to go through with testing against Mosley, and Mosley of course agreed, as he wants Pacquiao to fight Mayweather (since he's employed by GBP, which gets a percentage of Manny's check). However, Mosley has a good chance to beat Mayweather so this may not matter.

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
    We already know that Mayweather isn't as good against southpaws. He's not confident in his philly shell defense: note how he uses the conventional guard against Judah in their fight. He even tried to switch it up against Judah, assuming punches would go wild. It didn't really work. Whenever he tried to go back to the shoulder roll, he'd get strafed with straight left hands.

Mayweahter says that ordinary fighters don't improve to extraordinary. Right there is clear cut evidence Floyd doesn't want any part of Pacman. Pacquiao is extraordinary. Is Floyd? Does Floyd believe he's extraordinary? Of course, I believe that fighters like Pacquiao can improve to greatness, because it must be remembered that Pacquiao didn't have a long amateur career. His style wasn't cemented. On the contrary, after 80 or so amateur fights and the Olympics, your style is pretty much cemented.

I also believe Mayweather is highly jealous of Pacquiao. Mayweahter's called for patriotism in supporting himself, he said Marquez had "a whole country behind him", yet Floyd hs about 2 cities behind him (Las Vegas and Grand Rapids). Manny is endorsed by Nike... if you want to know you're a star, get endorsed by Nike (as it has Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, etc.). Look how Floyd tried to get Reebok. Nobody wears Reebok anymore!

So he accuses Manny of steroids. Because steroids teaches fighters how to throw a right hook (becuase when you can't hook early in your career, and you learn how to....you MUST either be on roids...or a hooker). It teaches fighters how to go for the knockout, how to strategically dismantle fighters, it's a super drug.

Of course, the steroid testing is simply a PLACEBO. If Manny tests clean the whole time, "HE MUST NOT BE DOING ROIDS NOW, I'VE GOT HIM!", and of course, if he tests dirty, the obvious happens. This argument can even be used against Mosley. Mosley just destructed the undestructable. In the back of Floyd's mind, if he loses and doesn't fully test Mosley, he will be tormented by the idea that Shane might've juiced. So Of course, he has to go through with testing against Mosley, and Mosley of course agreed, as he wants Pacquiao to fight Mayweather (since he's employed by GBP, which gets a percentage of Manny's check). However, Mosley has a good chance to beat Mayweather so this may not matter.
    Obviously Floyd is jealous... No doubt about it, you got to be blind not to see that or deny it....

Comment

When you talk **** things at your colleague when he's getting all the attention and gets promoted, that is jealousy.

I guess Floyd and his father fits that criteria.

Comment

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comment

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
          Of course it is to a Flobot

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
            Of course it is to a Flobot
            I don't think you're right in assuming Floyd is afraid or unconfident against Pacquiao. I mean, Floyd is always a slow stater and he was against Judah, too. That said, he did frustrate Zab (even if his mental farts make that easy) and end up dominating the rest of the fight.

Floyd Mayweather is obviously jealous of Manny Pacquiao. I think that's because, contrary to your opinion, I think he truly believes he is on another level and yet Manny has garnered a mainstream appeal and cultural following that Floyd, in America, will never share. In his eyes, a lesser fighter has become a bigger phenomena. That's one reason why I believe Floyd is going to let it all hang out if he ever fights Manny. I think he's truly very jealous of him; on that point I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
              says the guy supporting a closet *******ual. the irony.

Comment

Floyd has called out Pac more then hes called out anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
                  I don't think you're right in assuming Floyd is afraid or unconfident against Pacquiao. I mean, Floyd is always a slow stater and he was against Judah, too. That said, he did frustrate Zab (even if his mental farts make that easy) and end up dominating the rest of the fight.

Floyd Mayweather is obviously jealous of Manny Pacquiao. I think that's because, contrary to your opinion, I think he truly believes he is on another level and yet Manny has garnered a mainstream appeal and cultural following that Floyd, in America, will never share. In his eyes, a lesser fighter has become a bigger phenomena. That's one reason why I believe Floyd is going to let it all hang out if he ever fights Manny. I think he's truly very jealous of him; on that point I agree.
                  Wait so why did Floyd call Pacquiao "extraordinary" if he believes Pacquiao isn't on his level?

Comment

Pacquiao is making Floyd crazy, I bet he's probably on some kind of medication right now. When he take his medication: Pac is extraordinary, I jump higher than anybody when PAC knock somebody down, I love Manny Pacquiao.
                    When his medication wear out: PAC is easy work, one dimensional, a nobody, $75,000 Nike....etc

Comment

Working...
                    X