Mosley/Mayweather Testing Official

Collapse
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Main Event
    Interim Champion
    • Apr 2009
    • 586
    • 16
    • 7
    • 6,983

    #11
    Originally posted by DE100
    More Details:

    Whether boxing can follow through on what a major promoter calls "the trigger" to implement "a gold standard of drug testing" in the sport remains unknown, but representatives of Floyd Mayweather Jr., Shane Mosley and Golden Boy Promotions on Thursday revealed their anti-doping procedures for their May 1 world welterweight title fight in Las Vegas.

    "Floyd Mayweather took the lead on this, and it feels like it's time for boxing to take the lead on this," fight promoter Richard Schaefer, chief executive of Golden Boy, told reporters during a morning conference call.

    The head of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, Travis Tygart, participated in the call and detailed that Mayweather and Mosley will be subject to random urine and/or blood tests from now "until and after the fight." A positive test, Tygart said, would leave the boxer suspended from the sport for two years, a condition he said both fighters have agreed to.

    Mosley, of course, has admitted to using products supplied him in 2003 by Victor Conte, founder of the steroid-distributing Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative (BALCO). Conte has said he gave Mosley designer steroids known as the "the cream" and "the clear" and the energy-boosting banned substance EPO, with documents showing that Mosley used the drugs for more than a two-week cycle that ended the week of his 2003 victory by decision over Oscar De La Hoya.

    Nevada failed to identify any substances in Mosley's system as performance-enhancing drugs.

    Mosley has sued Conte, saying he did not know the substances he took were performance-enhancing drugs. Conte claims he spelled that out to Mosley in a meeting the pair had in 2003 in Conte's Burlingame, Calif., office.

    Under the new plan, Tygart said, "we're confident if he did cheat, he'll be caught and exposed. He's never been subject to our jurisdiction until now."

    Mayweather's desire for a more stringent testing program than what Nevada offers -- random urine testing before and immediately after the bout -- contributed to the crumbling of negotiations the unbeaten (40-0) boxer had in talks to stage a super-fight against Manny Pacquiao earlier this year.

    Pacquiao explained that he doesn't like needles, and feels that giving blood weakens him before a fight. A mediator stipulated that Pacquiao wouldn't have to give blood closer than 24 days before the fight, and then again after the bout. Mayweather didn't agree with the "settlement" and the fight was scrapped.

    Tygart declined to answer what he thought of Pacquiao's stance, explaining generally that, "If you're clean, you have no problem being in this program. We see thousands of athletes involved in this program. Why should any athlete be forced to compromise his safety?"

    Golden Boy's Schaefer added, "This is not about hitting a baseball or cycling up a hill. It's two guys hitting each other in the head. How could we not be for it?"

    Mayweather's lead advisor, Leonard Ellerbe, said he's heard that the New York State Athletic Commission is interested in observing how USADA's handling of this event proceeds, and may incorporate some of the principles in future testing. Other state athletic commission members and promoters nationally have said that the expense of such a program is too excessive to become reality unilaterally.

    "If this triggers a gold standard for drug testing in boxing, we're all for it," Schaefer said.

    Tygart said that in addition to urine tests for steroids, blood tests will be implemented to search for such perfoirmance-enhancers as Human Growth Hormone, synthetic hemoglobin and blood transfusions.

    He credited Mayweather for continuing to press for the intense testing, and said both fighters have agreed to provide their whereabouts all the way to fight night.

    "When your sport's not doing everything to protect your rights, it's unfortunate, but athletes who speak out have in some cases been cast aside, feeling they don't have much of a voice," Tygart said. "But athletes have a protector."

    - latimesblogs
    Good read....Now lets get it on

    Comment

    • Mr. Anonymous
      the don
      Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
      • Oct 2009
      • 9640
      • 773
      • 825
      • 1,930

      #12
      Originally posted by No Ceilings
      Props to Shane Mosley for not crying, whining and making a million excuses. Dude just wants to knock Floyds head off. Good ****.
      Thats what you do when you're hard up for cash!

      Comment

      • Horus
        Greatest Of My Era
        • Dec 2007
        • 10220
        • 772
        • 112
        • 18,146

        #13
        Originally posted by DE100
        More Details:

        Whether boxing can follow through on what a major promoter calls "the trigger" to implement "a gold standard of drug testing" in the sport remains unknown, but representatives of Floyd Mayweather Jr., Shane Mosley and Golden Boy Promotions on Thursday revealed their anti-doping procedures for their May 1 world welterweight title fight in Las Vegas.

        "Floyd Mayweather took the lead on this, and it feels like it's time for boxing to take the lead on this," fight promoter Richard Schaefer, chief executive of Golden Boy, told reporters during a morning conference call.

        The head of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, Travis Tygart, participated in the call and detailed that Mayweather and Mosley will be subject to random urine and/or blood tests from now "until and after the fight." A positive test, Tygart said, would leave the boxer suspended from the sport for two years, a condition he said both fighters have agreed to.

        Mosley, of course, has admitted to using products supplied him in 2003 by Victor Conte, founder of the steroid-distributing Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative (BALCO). Conte has said he gave Mosley designer steroids known as the "the cream" and "the clear" and the energy-boosting banned substance EPO, with documents showing that Mosley used the drugs for more than a two-week cycle that ended the week of his 2003 victory by decision over Oscar De La Hoya.

        Nevada failed to identify any substances in Mosley's system as performance-enhancing drugs.

        Mosley has sued Conte, saying he did not know the substances he took were performance-enhancing drugs. Conte claims he spelled that out to Mosley in a meeting the pair had in 2003 in Conte's Burlingame, Calif., office.

        Under the new plan, Tygart said, "we're confident if he did cheat, he'll be caught and exposed. He's never been subject to our jurisdiction until now."

        Mayweather's desire for a more stringent testing program than what Nevada offers -- random urine testing before and immediately after the bout -- contributed to the crumbling of negotiations the unbeaten (40-0) boxer had in talks to stage a super-fight against Manny Pacquiao earlier this year.

        Pacquiao explained that he doesn't like needles, and feels that giving blood weakens him before a fight. A mediator stipulated that Pacquiao wouldn't have to give blood closer than 24 days before the fight, and then again after the bout. Mayweather didn't agree with the "settlement" and the fight was scrapped.

        Tygart declined to answer what he thought of Pacquiao's stance, explaining generally that, "If you're clean, you have no problem being in this program. We see thousands of athletes involved in this program. Why should any athlete be forced to compromise his safety?"

        Golden Boy's Schaefer added, "This is not about hitting a baseball or cycling up a hill. It's two guys hitting each other in the head. How could we not be for it?"

        Mayweather's lead advisor, Leonard Ellerbe, said he's heard that the New York State Athletic Commission is interested in observing how USADA's handling of this event proceeds, and may incorporate some of the principles in future testing. Other state athletic commission members and promoters nationally have said that the expense of such a program is too excessive to become reality unilaterally.

        "If this triggers a gold standard for drug testing in boxing, we're all for it," Schaefer said.

        Tygart said that in addition to urine tests for steroids, blood tests will be implemented to search for such perfoirmance-enhancers as Human Growth Hormone, synthetic hemoglobin and blood transfusions.

        He credited Mayweather for continuing to press for the intense testing, and said both fighters have agreed to provide their whereabouts all the way to fight night.

        "When your sport's not doing everything to protect your rights, it's unfortunate, but athletes who speak out have in some cases been cast aside, feeling they don't have much of a voice," Tygart said. "But athletes have a protector."

        - latimesblogs

        A positive test, Tygart said, would leave the boxer suspended from the sport for two years, a condition he said both fighters have agreed to.


        damn, they are making NSAC penalties look like a joke !!!

        Comment

        • Boxin'
          Banned
          Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
          • Jan 2010
          • 7700
          • 367
          • 811
          • 9,643

          #14
          Originally posted by Lil' bro
          Thats what you do when you really want the fight!
          Fixed it for you

          Comment

          • Glamour Puss
            Banned
            Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
            • Aug 2009
            • 12516
            • 456
            • 270
            • 15,684

            #15
            Shane Mosley got punked at the press conference and he's getting punked by being Floyds stooge w/ this testing bull****.

            I hope he knows he looks like a desperate fool.

            He might as well stay home on the night of the fight.

            He already lost.

            Comment

            • SiCaRiO13 Jr
              Banned
              Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
              • Feb 2010
              • 2310
              • 212
              • 114
              • 3,917

              #16
              Clean fighters agree on random blood test. Only dirty fighters come up with excuses and sue like little girls

              Comment

              • V.WEBB
                CBVM
                Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
                • Dec 2009
                • 14329
                • 621
                • 174
                • 21,453

                #17
                Originally posted by Roy O'Bannon
                Shane Mosley got punked at the press conference and he's getting punked by being Floyds stooge w/ this testing bull****.

                I hope he knows he looks like a desperate fool.

                He might as well stay home on the night of the fight.

                He already lost.






                You are one of a kind Mr. Burton.

                Comment

                • royin
                  Contender
                  Silver Champion - 100-500 posts
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 411
                  • 24
                  • 26
                  • 6,543

                  #18
                  This drug test is useless because its a month late and they know when it will start. They will have enough time til monday to clean up Floyd's system.

                  Comment

                  • I'd rather box
                    Banned
                    Silver Champion - 100-500 posts
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 113
                    • 6
                    • 0
                    • 203

                    #19
                    Originally posted by No Ceilings
                    Props to Shane Mosley for not crying, whining and making a million excuses. Dude just wants to knock Floyds head off. Good ****.
                    And a huge alimony to boot, hehe

                    Comment

                    • Amazinger
                      Undisputed Champion
                      Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 8319
                      • 1,264
                      • 905
                      • 19,769

                      #20
                      Originally posted by Horus

                      A positive test, Tygart said, would leave the boxer suspended from the sport for two years, a condition he said both fighters have agreed to.


                      damn, they are making NSAC penalties look like a joke !!!

                      What are the substances that the boxers not allowed to use.Can someone post them here please.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      TOP