No announcement yet.

Answering Floyd Mayweather Jr. Recent Statements

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answering Floyd Mayweather Jr. Recent Statements

Here's my answer to FMJ's latest statements.

Mayweather: At the end Pacquiao’s was all busted up, when’s the last time you’ve seen my face all messed up like that? That’s the difference between an amateur and a true pound for pound boxer.

Answer: Busted up? Pacquiao has a minor welt on his face. Pacquiao even sang with his traveling band right after the fight.

Mayweather: when’s the last time you’ve seen my face all messed up like that? That’s the difference between an amateur and a true pound for pound boxer.

Answer: Boxing is not a beauty contest. Clottey's face wasn't messed up but he lost.

Mayweather: I think Pacquiao gave the fans a boring fight, he was punching his arms for all 12 rounds.

Answer: According to HBO, a lot of Pacquiao's punches landed in Clottey's body.

Mayweather: At least when you watch Floyd Mayweather you know you’ll be seeing non-stop action for 30 minutes straight and that’s what you’ll see on May 1st.

Answer: Floyd you're a defensive fighter, Pacquiao is an offensive fighter. Attacking always generate more action than defending.

Mayweather: While 51,000 people were in attendance in the Texas stadium, Mayweather claims this number is abysmal compared to the attendance number he would have set.

Answer: Pacquiao generated the 3rd highest live gate in boxing's history.

Mayweather: Let’s not forget who generated a revenue of 2.5 million dollars in one fight alone.

Answer: It was because De la Hoya. DLH is a catalyst that catapulted both Pacquiao and Mayweather to stardom.

Mayweather's 3 highest PPV fights before De la Hoya total is 1,064,000

Zab Judah - 374,000
    Arturo Gatti - 365,000
    Carlos Baldomir - 325,000

Pacquiao's 3 highest PPV fights before De la Hoya total is 1,110,000

Juan Manuel Marquez Rematch - 400,000
    Erik Morales 3rd Match - 360,000
    Marco Antonio Barrera Rematch - 350,000
Working...
X