No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is what Floyd was suppose to be at welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shacasulu View Post
    thats true, but i have to say though that the welterweight division that mayweather was supposed to arise to the occasion was way tougher than the one manny is fighting in.

manny ww's

mayweather
    shot cotto
    shot margarito
    old mosley
    good but not elite clottey
    untested berto
    good but not elite collazo
    good but not elite judah

mayweather ww's

prime margarito
    prime cotto
    paul williams
    old mosley
    good but not elite quintana
    good but not elite clottey
    good but not elite judah
    good but not elite collazo

Thats Floyds fault though.

He could have made a tremendous mark by making the right fights against the right welterweights.

He chose to go a different route though and hes looking the worse for it. As I said in another thread, he could have beat Margarito before Paul and Shane did. He chose not to. He could have beat Cotto before Margarito and Pac did, he chose not to. He could have beaten Williams before Quintana did, he chose not to.

Nobody here could say **** about him had he just taken those fights that the boxing community was begging for.

Even with your list as fighters being "shot", or just "good but not elite",

Pacs welterweight reign, overshadows Floyds, in less time.

Theres really no way to get around that and the fault lies entirely on Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      I find it funny when people say Pacquiao has accomplished more at Welterweight than Floyd.

Pacquiao's best win at Welterweight is Cotto. Floyd's is Zab Judah. If Pacquiao beat Cotto before the Margarito fight that win would be higher in my books but Cotto was questionable at the time. There's argument that these wins are equal.

Baldomir and Clottey are pretty much equal. Baldomir had more going for him in the fight.

Shambra and DLH aren't worth mentioning. One is a no name, one was weight drained.

If Floyd beats Mosley his record at Welterweight will be better than Manny's. As things stand I'd say they are equal.
      cotto >>>>>>judah....that is all there is to know whos has a better ww resume.....

Comment

cotto >>>>>>judah....that is all there is to know whos has a better ww resume.....
        Cotto at his peak was perhaps better than Judah at his peak. The Cotto that faced Pacquiao had more question marks over him than the Judah that faced Mayweather.

The only thing going against Judah into his fight with Mayweather was his upset loss to Baldomir.

Comment

Working...
        X