No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: Is this possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    nah, wasn't the same. Hopkins was already having a hard time making 160 pounds so it wasn't too difficult going up to 175. Hopkins had about 5-6 months to gain the weight.
    And worked with the same guy Roy did.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      Because of how Pac handled it. His fans wont admit it but he made the situation worse then the accusations were.
      no one cared when mosley refused to take extra tests against Judah.

Comment

The IBF chose to do nothing. They wanted a second test to be done. But why take a second test when he failed the first one and admitted to taking a steroid? That’s where it ended.

No action was taken. Nobody did anything.

We couldn’t take action (because there is no drug testing law in the state of Indiana) but what we agreed to was before his next two fights, Roy Jones would submit the results to more drug tests to Indiana. One fight was in Louisiana and those results were negative. And the other was in California, and those results were negative.

What surprised me about this is that the IBF chose not to do anything. And I have documents…what I’m saying, I can back-up. So I’m not concerned with that.[/b]
        http://www.boxing$insider.com/headlines/flashback-when-roy-jones-tested-positive/
        (remove $)

Those fights were the Harding and Harmon fights, the fights were people say the thought Roy was starting to slip

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          And worked with the same guy Roy did.
          Guilt by association doesn't work though (and Shilstone has a very clean record and extremely high reputation). That's like saying everyone who trained under a certain person is on steroids.

Comment

Guilt by association doesn't work though (and Shilstone has a very clean record and extremely high reputation). That's like saying everyone who trained under a certain person is on steroids.
            I didn't know Shilstone had a clean record. Didn't know anyone was really recording. But he's certainly been rumoured to be shady.

Comment

I didn't know Shilstone had a clean record. Didn't know anyone was really recording. But he's certainly been rumoured to be shady.
              rumored, maybe, but within all sports Shilstone is highly regarded and highly respected.

Comment

no one cared when mosley refused to take extra tests against Judah.
                There wasnt a **** storm about it like this. The media wasnt all over it. It wasnt the biggest fight in the world either. It also wasnt the caliber of star that Floyd and Pac are.

I remember coming on boxing and just waiting for the next update the fight was that huge.

Comment

rumored, maybe, but within all sports Shilstone is highly regarded and highly respected.
                  True. Means very little at the end of the day. But he did do a wonderful job with Jones and Hopkins.

Comment

Mackie Shilstone has said he doesnt know what the steroid is or what the steroid looks like

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      There wasnt a **** storm about it like this. The media wasnt all over it. It wasnt the biggest fight in the world either. It also wasnt the caliber of star that Floyd and Pac are.

I remember coming on boxing and just waiting for the next update the fight was that huge.
                      I understand that, but within the hardcore boxing community no one even cared about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X