No announcement yet.

Diego Corrales RIP Chico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diego Corrales RIP Chico

This guy could have been one of the All Time Greats in my opinion... So sad, I still remember his fights with Castillo and Casamayor, just watched Corrales-Casamayor II on ESPN Classic, one of the best fights I can remember watching live on tv in my lifetime, i still remember that night! I think he couldve beaten Pacquiao, and in a rematch with Mayweather, it might go a little different if they wouldve ever got the chance to fight again.. I get bummed out every time I think about that **** man, he was so young and full of talent, shame to see it go to waste like that

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
    This guy could have been one of the All Time Greats in my opinion... So sad, I still remember his fights with Castillo and Casamayor, just watched Corrales-Casamayor II on ESPN Classic, one of the best fights I can remember watching live on tv in my lifetime, i still remember that night! I think he couldve beaten Pacquiao, and in a rematch with Mayweather, it might go a little different if they wouldve ever got the chance to fight again.. I get bummed out every time I think about that **** man, he was so young and full of talent, shame to see it go to waste like that
    He was a Good fighter.

No disrespect to the Champion but he was on the way out prior to that accident. He could have decent accomplishement at 140 but he was not as hungry.

Comment

He was a fighter with tremendous heart, I'll give him that. But I think his heart was greater than his actual boxing talent.

Although a great fighter, there's no way he could have beaten a prime Pac or ever have taken down Mayweather. I mean he got schooled pretty badly by Mayweather and Clottey.

Comment

atg no never he was however a good fighter tons of heart but was beaten badly in a few fights,none the less i enjoyed his career.

he did give us the greatest rd in boxing history

Comment

still excites me fcking awesome rd

Comment

Good fighter, was an idiot for drinking and driving and paid the ultimate price.

Comment

Mayweather would've taken Corrales to school again. Not only was he a level higher than Chico, but also a stylistic nightmare for him. Corrales was a very good fighter, no potential ATG, and was also done at the top level when he died. The punishment had added up, plus he had weight problems and his last fight was at WW. It was tough to watch that fight with Clottey. Chico took a pretty bad beating. I was glad Corrales lasted the distance, showing his heart (as always) and taking his beating like a man.

Comment

He out punched a puncher - Aclino Frietas
                He out pressured a pressure fighter- Castillo
                He out boxed a boxer- Cassamayor

So guess rarely a fighter wins when you going with his style to win.

But I remeber alot of people gave him **** for canceling the 3rd Castillo fight after Castillo came overweight then less than 2 month he fought Cassamayor overweight.

But he is sure a fighter to be respect died or alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                  He was a fighter with tremendous heart, I'll give him that. But I think his heart was greater than his actual boxing talent.

Although a great fighter, there's no way he could have beaten a prime Pac or ever have taken down Mayweather. I mean he got schooled pretty badly by Mayweather and Clottey.
                  I dont know man, if he wouldve gotten hungry again and really went to work and trained hard like he did in the beginning of his career, i think things couldve been different.. He was only 29, he couldve boxed into his mid-late 30's in my opinion..

Comment

he was good and exciting...sorry but thats it.
                    he could have given Valero and Khan a tough test.

Comment

Working...
                    X