No announcement yet.

"Real" Boxing Fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
    If you read this post without knowing who posted it, you'd think... hmmm nice post.

Finding out afterwards that it was Burner who posted it would give most ppl on here a different opinion about the post.

What does that tell ya?

I'm not knocking you Burner but if you try barking enough times ppl start believing you're a dog.
    I get what you mean but if you look at my last 25 threads its very few Floyd or Williams theads. I made liek 4 threads yesterday that people didnt even bother to get some convo in.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      I get what you mean but if you look at my last 25 threads its very few Floyd or Williams theads. I made liek 4 threads yesterday that people didnt even bother to get some convo in.
      I can't believe I'm actually saying this but you used to be terrible.

I don't really have any issues with you now. I think you add entertainment value.

I'm pretty sure Mak disagrees.

Comment

This is the Internet, so you'll always have someone trolling starting ****.

Arguments can go on and on because people don't like to lose.

Getting props from complete strangers can strangely make people feel good about themselves (to various degrees depending on the person) so they will continue behavior that "appeals" to other posters or they will try to make themselves something that they are not.

Some fans can look beyond racial identity and appreciate boxers' abilities inside the ring. But for a lot of people, it's too difficult to escape racial pride. For every person that loves the sport for what it offers, there's tons more that all they see is just a black, white, latino, asian, arab, whatever beating the **** out of each other. When a fighter of their ethnicity loses, it "hurts" them.

A lot of times, because people are bored or for ****s and giggles, they will say something ignorant or racist to put down another poster / ethnicity. A cheap laugh is a result. But in turn that just reinforces people to think racially when it comes to supporting fighters.

Sports in part is about bragging rights. So there will always be people who want to rub other peoples' noses in it when their favorite wins.

Sometimes you just don't like people. It can be in real life or sports or politics or entertainment, etc. They can have all the talent in the world and you just don't like them.

The nature of sports fans is to be haters, to hate the rivals. Fans are supposed to *****, moan, complain and say stupid **** because they're not really participating in the sport. It's also their nature to be supportive and to appreciate the players and the sport.

It's annoying when **** posters make **** posts/threads. A positive suggestion that's been made by some is for the quality posters to step their game up to combat the weak. But that takes extra work and good posters aren't getting paid. The average person in real life isn't that interesting but have a right to voice their **** opinions.

I wish I knew everything about boxing, but I don't. Far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nike Phats View Post
          Shut the **** up.
          you stfu you disrespectful little b*tch..

Comment

a real boxing fan imo is anyone who watches the sport for reasons other than seeing someone get hurt badly... imo, most floyd haters are not boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by skullduggery View Post
              a real boxing fan imo is anyone who watches the sport for reasons other than seeing someone get hurt badly... imo, most floyd haters are not boxing fans.

im a floyd hater and i think im as big a fan as anybody...you're 17? i've been watching boxing since you were a sperm

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                im a floyd hater and i think im as big a fan as anybody...you're 17? i've been watching boxing since you were a sperm
                i bet u acknowledge floyds skill though, otherwise uve been really wasting ur time... and 17 years is alot of time that u cant get back

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                  that was cold.

I think anyone who dick rides a boxer isn't a real boxing fan. There is a difference between being a fan and being a stan. Most NSB posters are not real boxing fans. All they know is Pacquiao and haven't watched Pacquiao before the second JMM fight. It used to be Mayweather stans and Cotto stans. Now it's just Pacquiao stans.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    that was cold.

I think anyone who dick rides a boxer isn't a real boxing fan. There is a difference between being a fan and being a stan. Most NSB posters are not real boxing fans. All they know is Pacquiao and haven't watched Pacquiao before the second JMM fight. It used to be Mayweather stans and Cotto stans. Now it's just Pacquiao stans.
                    Pac-Boy got banned a while ago.

Comment

• What happened to PAC-BOY?

Comment

Working...
                      X