Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: UFC Officially Announces James Toney Has Signed To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a pure boxer to have a chance he's going to have to have a very explosive offensive style (ie Tyson, Tua). A technician like Toney is not going to have the time to sholder roll and counter punch. Bad News for James.

Comment

nooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Ouch. That will be bad. Toney is a fat, slow, old forty and, not only that, he's a very, very small HW with no legs. There is simply no way possible he can beat any of the contender level MMA guys, let alone anyone really good.

Very bad move by Toney and I hope this is untrue because it will put a stain on his great reputation. He should try to have a couple more boxing fights, maybe even try to get a minor title and then give it all up. He's done as an athlete.
        god i was suprised james toney is more concerned with making the switch over to the ufc instead of sticking to what he is good at ( when he is in shape and motivated ) boxing and i dont really like this at all.but who know ? maybe james toney will make some money and maybe if he is seriously training hard then maybe he might ko a tomato can heavyweight

Comment

"Front kick, check kick, side kick, side check kick- I know all that ****"

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Ouch. That will be bad. Toney is a fat, slow, old forty and, not only that, he's a very, very small HW with no legs. There is simply no way possible he can beat any of the contender level MMA guys, let alone anyone really good.

Very bad move by Toney and I hope this is untrue because it will put a stain on his great reputation. He should try to have a couple more boxing fights, maybe even try to get a minor title and then give it all up. He's done as an athlete.
            How desperate is Toney for a payday? When his obvious and lame calling out of Wlad and Vitali, the only two boxers who could give him the big payday he wants/needs, didn't work, he turns to MMA. Something tells me this isn't going to be a Ray Mercer scenario, as Toney lacks KO power. I almost feel sorry for James -- and it will be very sad if he winds up disgracing himself, which seems likely.

Poor, befuddled, punch-drunk Toney.
            Last edited by ChopperRead; 03-03-2010, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.CHICANITO View Post
              god i was suprised james toney is more concerned with making the switch over to the ufc instead of sticking to what he is good at ( when he is in shape and motivated ) boxing and i dont really like this at all.but who know ? maybe james toney will make some money and maybe if he is seriously training hard then maybe he might ko a tomato can heavyweight
              The problem is, Toney hasn't been very good at boxing for some time now.

Comment

No way Kimbo beats Toney. JT is the tough, hard as nails guy Slice pretends to be. That said I dont see Toney beating no one with even mid level grappling skills.

Comment

hopefully he has some success but i doubt it lol would like to see him whoop kimbos ass tho that might be a good fight for him

Comment

there are only two guys who are crossing the sport...

1. Has been...
                    2. Never was...

Comment

At least Toney will be able to get back on the roids since all MMA fighters are just juiced up nimrods anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X