Will both Klitschkos get in the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirao View Post

Owned

He thinks Peter will kill Vitali and when he doesnt he says Peters crap anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      My point is that if you were referring to one person who did all that - dominated and beat a division full of challengers (weak or strong), then I'd say yes. You can point to Lennox Lewis and say he dominated a weak division but how much worse would it be if he split the opponents with someone else? You can't pretend the Klitschko's are one person.
      But he did, he only held all the titles for a short period of time, when he didn't he was not fighting everyone because some of those guys were fighting for some of the easier belts (like Haye is doing now for example), that happens all the time in every division.

Comment

Lewis vacated the WBA title choosing to face Michael Grant over John Ruiz.
        Lewis held two titles,Holyfield held the one vacated by Lewis and Wlad owned the other.

3 champions exactly like it is now.

Comment

But he did, he only held all the titles for a short period of time, when he didn't he was not fighting everyone because some of those guys were fighting for some of the easier belts (like Haye is doing now for example), that happens all the time in every division.
          Sure but when there was a clear #2, he fought them. And he fought most if not all of the contenders. Not so much for the Klitschko's who have split down the middle and have few common opponents - unless years apart. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by elephant man View Post
            Lewis held two titles,Holyfield held the one vacated by Lewis and Wlad owned the other.

Michael Grant was the consensus #1 contender, above Ruiz.

Furthermore, Lewis FOUGHT Holyfield. Call me me when the Klitschko's dance together. Not that I blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by elephant man View Post

I agree.

I think I may see the problem and why people see today's HW division as weaker, maybe it's because of the matchmaking? I mean, many of todays guys just protect their 0 until they can get a shot at a Klitschko to have a good payday, and because they have not fought any other contender until that point they're perceived as weak? Maybe if Arreola had fought someone like Thompson before fighting Vitali he would have been better considered (although Arreola will soon be facing Adamek so props to him). Except some cases like Povetkin and Chambers, when they both fought each other, it's been mostly the contenders ducking each other until they get a big money fight.

Comment

Sure but when there was a clear #2, he fought them. And he fought most if not all of the contenders. Not so much for the Klitschko's who have split down the middle and have few common opponents - unless years apart. Sad.
                The clear #2 was not his brother, and Vitali has only been back for 1 year and something and will retire this year as he has said, before and after that Wlad was/will be alone.

Comment

without a question, i rate wladimir as a top 10 atg HW already

Comment

The clear #2 was not his brother, and Vitali has only been back for 1 year and something and will retire this year as he has said, before and after that Wlad was/will be alone.
                    So then it's safe to say Vitaly is certainly NOT a candidate for the HOF, is he?

Comment

Michael Grant was the consensus #1 contender, above Ruiz.

Furthermore, Lewis FOUGHT Holyfield. Call me me when the Klitschko's dance together. Not that I blame them.
                      But Michael Grant was crap,You know it,I know it.
                      Point is Lewis had Evander Holyfield to fight and the Klitschkos havent got that defining fight(They wont fight each other and nor should they really)
                      They both face the best guys available,thats all they can do.

Comment

Working...
                      X