No announcement yet.

Will both Klitschkos get in the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    This forum doesn't represent America, I can guarantee you that. Most people who tune in to watch Floyd hope to see the guy get flattened. It's no surprise his PPV #s grew as did his act. Has nothing to do with him being loved.

And the difference between the Klitschko's and a Kelly Pavlik, for instance, is night and day.
    It's not really that different. Most of America doesn't know who Floyd is. Most of America if they find out about a fight is gonna think what the promoters/news tells them. Which is Floyd is one of the best of this generation. But he's a little obscene.

The reason Floyd is hated is because he portrays himself as the bad guy.

The reason Klitchko's would be loved would be because
    1) they are dominating heavyweights (a winner)
    2) they are very charismatic (when they're speaking their own language)

Comment

• Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
      It's not really that different. Most of America doesn't know who Floyd is. Most of America if they find out about a fight is gonna think what the promoters/news tells them. Which is Floyd is one of the best of this generation. But he's a little obscene.

If America knows any boxer, it's Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirao View Post
        I was recently reading though some all threads after the Peter fight, and people said that Vitali getting in the HOF depended on what he did after winning the title, so now that he has defended it for a few times (every time against top HWs, no easy fights), what do you think?
        i reckon they will get in there..

Comment

They may be loved but they wouldn't be watched. You act as if Manny Pacquiao is from Texas. He's on US TV and is watched. The Klitschko's are not and they were/are HBO staples.

Comment

The Klits just dont have it IMO.. Pac and Hatton arent American and I love to watch them. Kosta isnt American. Korobov isnt American. Love to watch them.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              The Klits just dont have it IMO.. Pac and Hatton arent American and I love to watch them. Kosta isnt American. Korobov isnt American. Love to watch them.
              Those guys are not HWs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirao View Post
                Those guys are not HWs.
                Floyd sint either. I was responding to his Floyd example.

s far as Heavies. I dont like anybody except Haye, Arreolla and Adamek.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  Floyd sint either. I was responding to his Floyd example.

s far as Heavies. I dont like anybody except Haye, Arreolla and Adamek.
                  My point is, the americans have always had competition in the lower weight classes, so they're more accepting of foreing fighters in those weight classes. But the HWs have historically been dominated by americans. Now that's changing and they don't like it. That's my take on it. The hate the Klitschkos get on most sports media like ESPN is disgusting, and the casual fans who don't know any better read and listen to those things and conclude they must suck because of what they're being fed by the media.

Comment

• Listen to this nonsense. "They hate the Klitschko's." No, they can't stay awake. HBO tried to force feed the Klitschko's to the American public for years. It's just not working.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      They may be loved but they wouldn't be watched. You act as if Manny Pacquiao is from Texas. He's on US TV and is watched. The Klitschko's are not and they were/are HBO staples.
                      Big difference between the two. Manny has been hyped massively. And is also one of the best fighters of this generation. His is a once in a long ass time fighter and can't really be compared to anyone.

Klitchko were hyped for a while but it stopped soon as Wlad got KOed a couple times.

If they were born in America they probably would be in conversation a little more. That's all I'm arguing.

Comment

Working...
                      X