Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather praying for Pacquiao victory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather praying for Pacquiao victory?

Mayweather praying for Pacquiao victory?
    March 3rd, 2010
    By Gary E G

During yesterdays press conference for the Mayweather/Mosley bout, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer stated his believe that the fight could top 3 million PPV buys. While this prediction might seem excessive there is no doubt it’s going to be huge. But how much could the outcome of Manny Pacquiao’s March 13th square off with Joshua Clottey affect the numbers?

Even though these upcoming matches have been set in stone for weeks now, most of the fight talk on boxing forums has still been about Mayweather/Pacquiao with many fans crossing their fingers that these fights are just the semi finals before the real real event happens later in the year.

If Pacquiao hands Clottey a beating later this month, the hype machine will be turned up a notch with all eyes turned to May 1st to find out who’s the man to fight the man. If on the other hand he loses to Clottey it will take the edge of the excitement and maybe some of fans converted to boxing by Pacquiao’s recent exploits(and as a consequence despise Mayweather) may be turned off.

Now im not suggesting Floyd will be watching March 13th with rosary beads in his hands but surely a win for Manny is good for Money.

I hope Manny wins. I cant wait to see Floyd show everybody that Pac isnt anywhere near his level as a fighter.

Comment

If PAC destroys Clottey, Floyd would never get in the ring with him

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        I hope Manny wins. I cant wait to see Floyd show everybody that Pac isnt anywhere near his level as a fighter.
        If Floyd-Mosley outsells Pac-Clottey which it will and Floyd still offers Manny 50-50 with the testing and Manny declines then we really know who is ducking who

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          If PAC destroys Clottey, Floyd would never get in the ring with him
          But Pac will destroy Clottey, Clottey is a weak opponent

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            wow you buy your own "gifts".. pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by Skin View Post
              But Pac will destroy Clottey, Clottey is a weak opponent

There you go...the fight won't happen unfortunately

Comment

I bet he actually is hoping Manny loses. Otherwise he might have to face him.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria Chups View Post
                  wow you buy your own "gifts".. pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                    There you go...the fight won't happen unfortunately
                    He still wanted to fight Manny after what he did to Cotto,
                    who is a much better opponent then Clottey,
                    Floyd don't care who Manny beats or how bad he beats them, he is money motivated and if can make big money with a fighter no matter who it is he will fight them

Comment

Working...
                    X