No announcement yet.

It's amazing how Pacquiao-Clottey is 2 weeks away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
    Props to you for buying it. I think it will be a great fight and I'm looking forward to it, but as a Pacquiao fan it's not quite the most exciting matchup. The lack of hype is for three reasons.

1: Most of us expected Mayweather and Pacquiao to square off.
    2: Promotion isn't great.
    3: People are realizing not too many people can hang with Pacquiao at 140-147.

Some call this fight a mismatch (which is crazy, IMO). If somebody had suggested Manny get in the ring with a huge WW such as Clottey a couple of years back he'd be laughed at. No doubt, the general consensus would be that Manny would end up on a stretcher. But since he destroyed his last four opponents so emphatically, they are not giving Clottey much of a chance, therefore a certain outcome is expected (Pacquiao beating Clottey), and when the outcome is obvious to them they have little reason to get excited.

Cotto Vs. Pacquiao was intriguing because most gave Cotto a decent chance of winning. They thought Manny would struggle with a genuine, established WW. De La Hoya was supposed to annihilate Manny. Even Hatton was gonna brutalize Pacquiao according to some people. Those fights created excitement for those reasons.
    I'm actually pretty excited for this fight, but I can totally understand how the casual fan is not. Pretty much for the same reasons you listed.

Clottey isn't a pushover and he's a tough fight for anyone. I think he's the type of fighter who can fight with anyone but he may not come out on top. If Pacquiao stops Clottey that would be something else. What intrigues me about this fight is that Pacquiao will be facing a defensive boxer for once even though Clottey isn't slick and is passive. Will be interesting to see. Clottey is one tough fighter.

Comment

im really looking forward to it aswell,first big fight this year.i've not heard much about it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
        No need to hype this fight. Two warriors with mutual respect for each other - this fight sold itself and 50,000 people will be ringside.

Little girls concerned about Men's wages need not reply. Rather; they should just fuck off.
        couldnt agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
          No need to hype this fight. Two warriors with mutual respect for each other - this fight sold itself and 50,000 people will be ringside.

Little girls concerned about Men's wages need not reply. Rather; they should just fuck off.
          Agree with you man, I couldn't give two ****s for how many PPVs it does or how much they're getting paid.

Good avatar, btw. Charlie's one of the most refreshing dudes on TV right now.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

This fight is gonna be a war........

Comment

Cant believe how quick this fight has come as well. It only seemed like yesterday when PBF was giving pac nightmares with negotiation.
              I am interested in seeing how Pac is able to or not able to deal with clottey and what the reaction will be if he does beat Clottey real good.
              Im wondering what it would do for his ATG status./

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                I'm actually pretty excited for this fight, but I can totally understand how the casual fan is not. Pretty much for the same reasons you listed.

Clottey isn't a pushover and he's a tough fight for anyone. I think he's the type of fighter who can fight with anyone but he may not come out on top. If Pacquiao stops Clottey that would be something else. What intrigues me about this fight is that Pacquiao will be facing a defensive boxer for once even though Clottey isn't slick and is passive. Will be interesting to see. Clottey is one tough fighter.
                Yep, I can't disagree at all with this. Joshua is tough as old boots and he's coming to give his all. Again, props to you for supporting this fight. It's good to see Mayweather fans like you who are not posting something ****ty and negative. Real boxing fan.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                  Agree with you man, I couldn't give two ****s for how many PPVs it does or how much they're getting paid.

Good avatar, btw. Charlie's one of the most refreshing dudes on TV right now.
                  i can care less if these fighter make $100 or 100M. i just wanna see these boxers square off for us. I support boxing by spending at least $100 twice a year even tho its mainly for pac, im proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Cant believe how quick this fight has come as well. It only seemed like yesterday when PBF was giving pac nightmares with negotiation.
                    I am interested in seeing how Pac is able to or not able to deal with clottey and what the reaction will be if he does beat Clottey real good.
                    Im wondering what it would do for his ATG status./
                    Yeah it's crazy how fast it came around. It's only three months since the Cotto fight. Seems like much longer to me. Pacquiao is nuts. This is his fourth megafight in what... 15 months? That's pretty impressive.

Comment

Probably watch it the next day,
                      Fight doesnt really interest me tbh

Comment

Working...
                      X