No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao/Clottey does over 600,000 PPV Buys, it is a HUGE success

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Pacquiao/Clottey does over 600,000 PPV Buys, it is a HUGE success

That would be an incredibly impressive buy rate and this is why.

The fight was signed mid January only allowing for a little over 2 months of promotion

Casual fans do not know who the **** Clottey is. If they do, they know him as the dude Cotto threw on the floor and beat.

Top Rank is doing a piss poor job promoting this fight. I live in Dallas and I have yet to hear about this fight on the radio. I don't see any fight posters of advertisement anywhere and I've been all over this *****. As a matter of fact, I've seen and heard more advertisement for UFC 110 on the radio and on the side of buses.

The most important reason

There is no 24/7 for this fight. Just a countdown. Thats its. There is no 3-4 part series like there was for the previous fights that have done over 600,000 in recent years.

De La Hoya/Mayweather 2.5 Million PPVS
    Cotto/Pacquiao 1.25 Million PPVS
    Mayweather/Marquez 1 Million PPVS
    Mayweather/Hatton 900,000 PPVS
    Pacquiao/Hatton 850,000 PPVS

All these fights were able to achieve these numbers through intense marketing and the 24/7 series. The only fighter in recent times who has averaged above 600K + PPV buys without a 24/7 series has been Oscar De La Hoya

If Pacquiao vs. Clottey does well over 600K, it is quite an achievement for the sport of Boxing and boxing fans should be REALLY happy.

It will do at least 1 million buys.

Comment

Not a HUGE success, but pretty good numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Sen. Clay Davis View Post
        That would be an incredibly impressive buy rate and this is why.

The fight was signed mid January only allowing for a little over 2 months of promotion

Casual fans do not know who the **** Clottey is. If they do, they know him as the dude Cotto threw on the floor and beat.

Top Rank is doing a piss poor job promoting this fight. I live in Dallas and I have yet to hear about this fight on the radio. I don't see any fight posters of advertisement anywhere and I've been all over this *****. As a matter of fact, I've seen and heard more advertisement for UFC 110 on the radio and on the side of buses.

The most important reason

There is no 24/7 for this fight. Just a countdown. Thats its. There is no 3-4 part series like there was for the previous fights that have done over 600,000 in recent years.

De La Hoya/Mayweather 2.5 Million PPVS
        Cotto/Pacquiao 1.25 Million PPVS
        Mayweather/Marquez 1 Million PPVS
        Mayweather/Hatton 900,000 PPVS
        Pacquiao/Hatton 850,000 PPVS

All these fights were able to achieve these numbers through intense marketing and the 24/7 series. The only fighter in recent times who has averaged above 600K + PPV buys without a 24/7 series has been Oscar De La Hoya

If Pacquiao vs. Clottey does well over 600K, it is quite an achievement for the sport of Boxing and boxing fans should be REALLY happy.
        It depends anybody know if they have ppv in the Philippines? If they do then he should sell way more than 600k. I agree with everything except Clottey does have a decent fan base on the east coast. Since he lives in NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by flexxx145 View Post
          It depends anybody know if they have ppv in the Philippines? If they do then he should sell way more than 600k. I agree with everything except Clottey does have a decent fan base on the east coast. Since he lives in NYC.
          No they don't have PPV, these numbers are only American PPV numbers.

Comment

Flex, i dunno.. Nobody knows who the eff clottey is and im in NY..
            This shouldnt be a ppv.. should be championship boxing..

Ticket sales are good..
            the 24/7 wouldnt be so great.. mostly subtitles..

they should build up clottey as the guy tho beat up cotto.. because thats what happened.. capitalize on that, and show the savage uppercuts, and body shots he was landing.. its not hard to build up clottey because hes a good fighter.. they just dont want to..

Comment

Originally posted by $iCaRiO View Post
              Not a HUGE success, but pretty good numbers
              How is it not a huge success? When was the last time a fight did over 500K without a 24/7 and without one of the fighters being Oscar De La Hoya?

Comment

Originally posted by Sen. Clay Davis View Post
                How is it not a huge success? When was the last time a fight did over 500K without a 24/7 and without one of the fighters being Oscar De La Hoya?
                Pac/Marquez 2 did almost 500k and that was before both of them were as big as they are now and all that had was a countdown show.

Not to mention it was at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoy MeYHeM View Post
                  Flex, i dunno.. Nobody knows who the eff clottey is and im in NY..
                  This shouldnt be a ppv.. should be championship boxing..

Ticket sales are good..
                  the 24/7 wouldnt be so great.. mostly subtitles..

they should build up clottey as the guy tho beat up cotto.. because thats what happened.. capitalize on that, and show the savage uppercuts, and body shots he was landing.. its not hard to build up clottey because hes a good fighter.. they just dont want to..
                  Well I'm originally from Queens and I know of Clottey from way back when he first came over. Some of my other friends who are casual fans know the name as well.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully jr View Post
                    Pac/Marquez 2 did almost 500k and that was before both of them were as big as they are now and all that had was a countdown show.

Not to mention it was at 130.
                    It didn't do almost 500k... It did 400k maybe 410k...

Comment

Working...
                    X